The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony RX1

kuujinbo

No marks anywhere on the camera. Besides all original contents, these items are also included with in the sale:

Sony Battery: Amazon.com: Sony High Capacity Battery NPBX1: Camera & Photo
Sony Battery Charger (no USB): Amazon.com: Sony BCTRX Battery Charger for X/G/N/D/T/R and K Series Batteries (Black): Camera & Photo
Sony LCD protector: Amazon.com: Sony PCKLM15 LCD Protector for DSC-RX1 (Black): Camera & Photo
National Geographic case/bag: Amazon.com: National Geographic NG W2021 Walkabout Small Holder Bag: Camera & Photo
Barton 1972 Braidy wrist strap:
BARTON 1972

The LCD protector has been on the camera since I got it. The Braidy is practically new. It was the first wrist strap I ever used, and found I really didn't need it after one or two uses.

$2400 - Price includes PayPal (confirmed address only) and USPS shipping. If you can meet me in Seattle the price is $2300. CONUS only please.

Soft release and Voigtlander OVF in photos not included in sale.

More photos here..

Please see the positive feedback page starting at page 33 for buying selling history here.

kuujinbo

A pity. In continental Europe, this price would considered a bargain at ~50% off the current (new) list prices.
If a longtime, very active member such as yourself is interested, I would be willing to try and work something out. But that would also have to take into account the added fees (shipping, PayPal currency, customs, etc).

Thanks for the comment. I wasn't aware the prices were that much higher in Europe, and thought the difference was only VAT.

kuujinbo

That photo looks like pike street Seattle WA next to Three Sisters Bakery!
Yes, you nailed it. :)

Probably should have put this out sooner, but if someone has a 75 Summilux I'm open for a trade plus funds from me. Again U.S. only, as I've found out from a few international members who inquired, customs and shipping adds a great deal of cost to a sale. :(

jstaben

Yes, you nailed it. :)

Probably should have put this out sooner, but if someone has a 75 Summilux I'm open for a trade plus funds from me. Again U.S. only, as I've found out from a few international members who inquired, customs and shipping adds a great deal of cost to a sale. :(
Just some advice but I've sold thousands of dollars of equipment overseas from USA and I've learned a few things:

1) Always ship USPS express mail. It's incredibly cheap for what you get, tracked, and you get delivery confirmation. Incredible service. It would cost maybe $40 USD more to ship to China or anywhere in the world for that matter than to somewhere domestically. Insurance is about the same as shipping in the US. I'd hazard that your shipping costs would be no more than $70 for express mail international. I'm sure an interested international buyer will be willing to pay for shipping for a sale.

2) Customs fees are zero for the seller shipping USPS, and is only something the buyer pays. Don't worry about that at all.

3) I would only ship to someone you are comfortable with internationally, as it is incredibly easy to get scammed. A well established member on getdpi would be someone I'd feel comfortable with.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

kuujinbo

Just some advice but I've sold thousands of dollars of equipment overseas from USA and I've learned a few things:

1) Always ship USPS express mail. It's incredibly cheap for what you get, tracked, and you get delivery confirmation. Incredible service. It would cost maybe $40 USD more to ship to China or anywhere in the world for that matter than to somewhere domestically. Insurance is about the same as shipping in the US. I'd hazard that your shipping costs would be no more than $70 for express mail international. I'm sure an interested international buyer will be willing to pay for shipping for a sale.

2) Customs fees are zero for the seller shipping USPS, and is only something the buyer pays. Don't worry about that at all.

3) I would only ship to someone you are comfortable with internationally, as it is incredibly easy to get scammed. A well established member on getdpi would be someone I'd feel comfortable with.

Anyway, just some thoughts.
Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. :)

kuujinbo

Sorry, no longer accepting trades.

A number of people have asked why I'm selling. Here's what I said on another forum:

"IQ and high ISO wise the Sony exceeded my expectations. I wanted a small camera, but after shooting the Fuji for almost a year, the Sony turned out to be too small. I also underestimated how much I wanted a real viewfinder and enjoy MF. A progression of miscalculations on my part."

Open to offers, but if I have to take a net 25% loss or more may end up keeping it.