The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Carl Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm f/1.5 ZM

edwardkaraa

Selling the Carl Zeiss C Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM with Carl Zeiss UV filter 46mm. I ordered this lens new on 26 February from Germany and had it for about 3 weeks. It is optimized for f/1.5. Still in a mint condition, together with box and papers, and the Zeiss UV filter I ordered together. I am not very keen on the focus shift of this design, so I decided to sell it and keep the Planar. Price include paypal fees and shipping worldwide.

Price 1125$

L1003916 by edward karaa, on Flickr

L1003921 by edward karaa, on Flickr

thrice

Fun lens, I was surprised how slow I could handhold it compared to the 50 lux, due to less torque I guess.
Good luck with your sale Ed, hope you don't regret it ;)

edwardkaraa

Fun lens, I was surprised how slow I could handhold it compared to the 50 lux, due to less torque I guess.
Good luck with your sale Ed, hope you don't regret it ;)
Thank you Dan! I have seen the beautiful photos you have done with it :)

edwardkaraa

Hi ced, yep I sold it locally in Bangkok today. The shop I ordered it from did not know the aperture it was optimized for, and I was secretly hoping it was f/2.8. Anyhow I could have easily calibrated it locally for very little money, but I decided this lens, no matter how good the rendering, was not for me because of the focus shift. There will be always some unusable apertures no matter what the optimization.

ced

Edward thanks for the info, I aquired the same lens and in contact with CZ I was told that the lenses leave the factory with optimisation at f2.8...