The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Elmarit M-Series 90mm F/2.8 Black Lens

FOR SALE:

Leica Elmarit M-Series 90mm F/2.8 Black Lens Model 11807; Made in Germany; Serial #3648344. Includes front & rear lens caps. Price: $875.00

I accidentally scratched the front element of this lens. First time I have done anything like that in over 30 years of shooting professionally, so, I guess I can't complain. Leica USA service cannot get a replacement front element. Several people, including a Leica certified technician, suggested I fill the scratch with a black marker pen. I just could not do that!

I tested this lens carefully, and even though it takes perfectly good photos, perfectionist that I am, I could not live with the scratch. I stumbled upon another similar lens on eBay and bought it, and need to sell this lens to cover part of the costs.

The following URL will take you to a web gallery which includes photographs of the lens itself, including the scratch, and sample photos taken in the past week. I intentionally included images shot straight into the sun, to test for flare, of which there was none. Several of the backlit images of a white dog in the snow I have included the full frame image and a very tight crop, 10 to 20% of the frame. All images are incredibly sharp.

The lens barrel shows some signs of normal wear, which you can see in the online photographs. The optics would be considered perfect except for the one large scratch and a couple of other tiny marks. There is no haze or fungus, the mechanics are perfect, the images are perfect. Included are front & rear lens caps and FedEx Ground shipping and insurance to a USA address. Price includes PayPal Fees. Returns accepted only if lens is not in condition as described, buyer notifies me of same within 48 hours of receipt, and buyer pays return shipping and insurance (via a certified & trackable method).

Here is the URL: Leica 90mm f/2.8 Elmarit Lens

I am happy to send original RAW files or large JPEGs for your inspection. This is an opportunity to buy an excellent lens at a great price. I will accept PayPal or electronic funds transfer. Lens will be shipped within 24 hours of receipt of payment.

Mark Weidman