The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica SF 24D Flash

ElvisKennedy

Excellent working condition Leica SF 24D flash. Works with all M model cameras (film and digital) as well as the X1 and X2. Comes in it's original box with everything as new; flash, two diffusers, bag, manual. I'm including 2 new batteries.

There are a few minor scuffs (that you can see in the photographs). Overall it's in excellent working condition.

Well kept in a smoke free home.

Asking $240.00. Add 2% for paypal. No fee for paypal check or other checks (but will not ship until payment clears). Free UPS shipping in continental USA.

Here is more information on the flash unit;

Description
LEICA SF 24D is an improved flash unit with automatic guide number control. The optimized functions offered by the LEICA SF 24D make it possible to control flash exposure directly through the camera, making this unit the perfect accessory for a wide range of Leica cameras. The LEICA SF 24D is suitable for use with Leica rangefinder and SLR cameras, and can also be connected to the LEICA CM analogue compact camera and the LEICA DIGILUX 2. The flash unit automatically recognizes the type of camera to which it is connected, and adjusts itself to the relevant operating mode. Ease of use and compatibility with the full range of modern flash techniques are features of the LEICA SF 24D.The LEICA SF 24D has retained all the application features of its predecessor model the LEICA SF 20, and has complemented these with new functions. For example, the range of automatic apertures has been enhanced. All apertures from 2.0 to 11 are available with this new-dedicated flash unit. The LEICA SF 24D also provides improved flash compensation of +/- 3 EV.The illumination angle of the LEICA SF 24D corresponds to a 35 mm focal length for the 35 mm system. The two ancillary screens supplied with the unit for the wide angle and telephoto range cover focal lengths of 24 mm and 85 mm respectively. The flash unit automatically recognizes the two diffuser screens supplied, and immediately adjusts the range display to the new guide number.

Product Identifiers
Brand Leica
Model 24D
MPN 14444
UPC 0072874402891, 0799429144449, 4022243144446, 4022243144484

Key Features
Guide Number 65 ft/ISO 100
Lens Coverage 24mm
Supported Exposure Control TTL

Other Features
Manual Power Control Levels 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8
Additional Features Flash +/- compensation, Illuminated LCD display
Required Battery 2 x battery - CR123A
Color Titanium

Dimensions
Width 2.6 in.
Height 4.29 in.
Depth 1.57 in.
Weight 6.35 oz

M6, M7, M6 ttl, M8, M8.2, M9, monochrom, M240

Last edited:

ElvisKennedy

The official description that was added notes the color as "Titanium", but this unit is black, as you can see. Thanks.

arichter

Please let me know what has inspired you to sell and assure me it's in perfect working order. My intention is to use this with my M9 and M...your thoughts on this are most welcome. Also, have you a sync chord for off camera use?

I'd be interested in picking this up for $200, if that works for you I can send payment via paypal today. I'm in Minneapolis...

Thanks Andy

ElvisKennedy

Andy,

Been hanging on to the SF 24D in case a decision was made to jump back into Leica. That just hasn't happened so it's time to clear out the cabinet of Leica stuff. (Will soon be selling pre-asph 50 f/1.4 summilux, 35/2 summicrom and 28/2 summicron lenses soon too. All 6 bit and perfect)

Yes, this flash is in excellent working order. Very good results both with M cameras and X cameras. TTL mode was surprisingly good. The flash is small and handy and although some folks poo-poo using flash with Leica it will serve you well for those times indoors when you need a little light boost, and outdoors when you want to pop a little flash to fill-in faces and add sparkle to the eyes.

A Nikon SC-17 cord is great for off-camera work as it offers full TTL compatibility but is not included in this sale.

$230 is the lowest offering for this great flash. Includes UPS shipping and paypal fees. Offered here at GetDPI at this reduced price to avoid the hassle of the big auction site. But if it doesn't sell here for $230, the hassle at the other place might be worth the increased price it'll bring.

Thanks for your inquiry. The unit is boxed and ready to ship if you can find a way to $230.

Elvis

Last edited: