The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: RARE Leica Vario-Elmarit R 28-90 f/2.8-4 ASPH ROM

monza

Perfect, with Leitax Canon EOS bayonet (easily returned to R mount by removing the Leitax.)

This Leitax conversion is an add-on bayonet (affixed with machine screws) on top of the R bayonet, so conversion back to R mount is easy. The adapter is chipped.

This conversion also has the Leitax-provided shroud, so the lens can be used on full frame Canons.

From the Leitax site: "To use the Vario-Elmarit 28-90/2.8-4.5 ASPH on Full Frame Canon Cameras, may be necessary to remove the plastic shroud at the rear of the lens, I'm offering this service here at Leitax, keeping the aperture ring operational."

Conversion info here, the Leitax for this lens costs 125 euros plus ship.

$7000 obo

email robert.jagitsch at gmail.com

Last edited:

engel001

World's best standard zoom. Latest eBay sale was for $8360!!! I adapted mine to Sony with Leitax a couple of years ago. Erwin Puts has a glowing review of it.

algrove

Wow, I have a ROM version in R configuration and I had no idea how much they are worth today. Just love using this lens on the new M.