The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

P45 H mount-Want to trade mounts

smhoer

If someone has a P45 in M mount that would be interested in trading by Dec 24th for my H mount please contact me and we can discuss the possibility.

I have a low count (3588) P45 in H mount. I bought this off ebay Thanksgiving week with the intent of swapping for a Mamiya mount version using the existing value added warranty (good until Spring 09). I am working through a dealer to a swap mounts but so far Phase has no M mounts available to swap and may not until after the holidays.

Since I thought this would happen quickly I made plans for a Moab trip starting right after Christmas that will be expensive to reschedule. If I can do a swap with someone before Dec 24th I will keep the trip scheduled. If not I will cancel the trip, eat the cancellation fees, put off the client (trip planned around a corp customer's concept request for a 4' panoramic for a boardroom), and wait on Phase to come through on the swap.

smhoer

I have been working through Chris who has been very helpful but back rental is cost prohibitive for me for a two week period.

Stuart Richardson

Can you just use the H series for the trip? If you only have the back, maybe you can just rent an H series body and the lens you need. That would certainly cost less than the back rental. Knowing GetDPI, someone going on the workshop might even have a spare H series body they could bring.

smhoer

Thanks Stuart. For the two weeks I would need a body and lenses from 35mm-300mm. That is also too cost prohibitive for 2 weeks after just investing in the Mamiya body and 4 lenses. Also, the H lenses are too large and heavy for the back country hiking/camping I will be doing. Just very frustrated that this is even an issue and Phase is unable to honor the warranty until they find a back to swap. Otherwise I would have bought a Leaf Aptus 7 back.

Another issue is I often do exposures of 2-4 minutes and had planned to do some star trails. I don't think the H body can do that.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Stuart ,Scott is not on our workshop otherwise he would be covered with demo's. Benefit of being on our workshops is you get to try a lot of stuff. Okay that was a plug. LOL