The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Elmar and Summaron 2.8

Froyd

Both lenses (and the camera they came with) only had one owner before me. As a precaution I sent both lenses right away to Yuxin in the fall of 2011. The Sumamron had misaligned goggles, and Mr. Ye, recommended I send it to DAG, who adjusted them and cleaned the front element. I have evidence of both CLAs.

The lenses are wonderful to operate and perform flawlessly. Aperture rings click with ease and focus is silky. I'll post a few pictures below taken with both lenses to prove their wonderful performance.

Elmar 50mm 2.8 -- $500
- Barrel quite clean with a few faint brush marks
- Comes with original metal Leica front cap and generic rear cap. Front cap is a bit scuffed but works well.
- Glass is very clean with a couple of dust spots
- UVa filter seen on pictures is NOT INCLUDED but has been on the lens at all times

Summaron 35mm 2.8 -- $725
- Barrel looks quite clean except for a rub mark on the aperture ring (as pictured) and a few very minor scuffs. The biggest tactile issue is a nick on the edge of the focusing tab.
- Glass looks fabulous to me
- UVa filter seen on pictures is NOT INCLUDED but has been on the lens at all times
- BTW, I used this lens on an M4 and appreciate the extra framing space and closer focusing distance...so no need for an M3 to use this gem

Shipping is $10 in CONUS. International shipping available at actual cost of insured and tracked package.

Froyd

Thanks! I hope they'll make somebody happy... I sure had a great time using them and if I weren't switching platforms I'd keep them.