The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pre-Aspherical Summilux 35mm $1,300

kevin

I have a pre-aspherical Summilux 35mm that came with a camera I just bought, and I have to sell it to pay for other gear. This is a late, German-made version, serial number 343xxxx, and I'll rate it as mint minus. The glass is perfect, and there are only light signs of handling on the barrel. The hood has wear on the front edge, but no dents and it works perfectly, too. A new rear cap is also included, but no front cap.

U.S. Shipping, insurance and paypal fees included in the price. I've only had a couple of transactions here, but numerous, happy transactions on the RFF, photo.net (back in the day) and on ebay (user ID: singleframe.)

I'm trying an experiment, and the lens is only listed HERE for the next 24 hours! :)

V

Vivek

In case you're not aware of it, these pictures are about 2X life-size! :D

Either this lens sample is about the size of a peanut (without its shell) or you calculate magnifications incorrectly.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm,
What size it appears depends on your monitor resolution.
-bob

V

Vivek

Hmmm,
What size it looks like depends on your monitor resolution.
-bob

Huh?!

The magnifications (given the set dimensions of the lens in question) would only depend on the dimensions of the medium it was originally captured on.

Kevin would be correct if had used a ~5x7 back (and film or sensor) to capture these images.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
A pixel is a pixel is a pixel if you are viewing a jpeg on a monitor at 100%. It will appear a very different size if your monitor displays 72 PPI versus one that displays 100 PPI... :)

kevin

Either this lens sample is about the size of a peanut (without its shell) or you calculate magnifications incorrectly.
Sorry, professor, but I did put a smiley face on the end of the sentence. :salute:

N

nei1

Kevin,you should send that tip to Bush:LOL::ROTFL::D

ps.youre selling my favourite lens here,mine is from canada,is there any difference?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Kevin, I've sold gear on both forums and it just is the luck of the draw, as to who needs your gear. Congratulations on your sale. Someone is getting a nice lens.

kevin

I've sold gear on both forums and it just is the luck of the draw, as to who needs your gear.
True enough, but there's no substitute for traffic, and I think the RFF has more of that. I could have sold the lens four times there. ;)

Hi, Erik, thanks for breaking my "Norway curse." :D