The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Button Rewind M2, Lever Rewind M2

lamlux

I have a dillemma with these two M2's and I hope a sale will figure it out for me (funny how that works..)

I have these two M2's, one Button Rewind CLA'd and one Lever Rewind 1mil Rough M2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Button Rewind M2 - #967633 - Recently CLA'd by Youxin Ye in March 2013
This nice M2 was CLA'd by Youxin Ye in middle March of this year, operates super smooth. He also replaced the vulcanite with Aki Asahi 4008 which is a very nice replacement for the vulcanite, looks great.

Minor wear marks on top, side, bottom plates, but viewfinder is great and clear.
Rangefinder is accurate, shutter speeds are accurate as well.

A very good Button M2.

Price: $sold shipped and PayPal'd in CONUS

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lever Rewind M2 - #1098545
Body condition of this is pretty good too--meaning no dings, it has wear on the top plate rubbing marks mostly, side and bottom.
Vulcanite is chipping in places, and continues to chip..
Shutter speeds are okay, sometimes can be sluggish, but right now it's okay. Certainly not as snappy and responsive as the CLA'd M2.

Viewfinder has some haze possible fungus inside which does haze up looking through the viewfinder a little, but rangefinder patch is contrasty.

Shutter button is a little bit stiff to press, weird, but would be fixed with CLA. Shutter advance is smooth but also noticeably stiffer than the CLA'd one.

Rangefinder is accurate, and speeds like mentioned before have been good for me but can be sluggish (trailing first curtain) at times if not used for a long time. Viewfinder framelines are good.

This would be a fantastic M2 if you got it CLA'd and recovered. Thus this is reflected in price.

Price: $520 shipped and PayPal'd in CONUS

-------------

For much larger photos and many more photos see this link:
leicam2

I've bought and sold here lots, so no worries there.

Last edited: