The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Microtek 120tf FS w/glass carrier and more

robertwright

Fs my microtek 120tf 35mm/medium format scanner. I have two sets of film holders complete- I had the polaroid version a long time ago. So there are two 35, two 35mm slide, 2 medium format holders, and also I have the glass carrier holder.

I modified the glass carrier holder- I took the bottom glass out (held with ds tape only) and purchased a large sheet of ANR glass which fits the holder exactly- you tape the film to the underside of the ANR and insert that into the holder- it means only two glass surfaces to clean and also the glass is thick enough that you can clean it without fear of breaking it- mounting film is pretty easy with regular scotch tape. Like we used to do in the darkroom days:)

If your film is really flat the standard carriers do a good job.

This scanner offers a true 4000dpi scan, and the dmax is very very good, not exactly imacon good but 9/10th as good.

I don't have the original box but I will pack very decently for shipping. US only.

Asking 1000 all in including shipping, paypal fees.

Scanwizard only runs on PPC tiger so I used Vuescan and it was fine under Mountain Lion, firewire 400-800 dongle used. Vuescan and this scanner should be good for another 5 years easy.

Pics if you want them but the scanner is mint, I am not the original owner.

robertwright

Some images. I also have the dustcover and original instructions, but it is pretty simple to operate.

The last pic with the glass carrier, on the left is the original anr top glass and clear bottom glass, on the right is the carrier with the new thicker anr glass.

After trying both methods, the taping the neg to the glass is definitely the way to go, or just use the std. holders.

robertwright

Also as of March 2012 I had a email from Microtek service dpt. and they do still service this scanner.

I had my Polaroid version from 2000 and got more than 10 years out of it in moderate use off and on. The bulb was still good. This microtek is much newer than that so I should expect it will last a good while still.