Site Sponsors

Thread: Leica 19mm Ver II ROM, $2800 shipped North America

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Leica 19mm Ver II ROM, $2800 shipped North America

I had this lens in a bulk listing of some other R lenses I had for sale. All the other lenses have sold, so here it is in its own listing.

I have had this lens since probably 2001 or so. It has always been a fine performer. About seven years ago when I got a DMR back, the lens went to Leica for a full strip down and CLA and to have ROM added.

It is in EX+ shape with some marks on the barrel, particularly where the hood mounts, as it is a metal ring on the hood. The focus is super smooth because of the relatively recent CLA. It comes with front and rear caps, hood and the snap on hood cap.

The price includes shipping to anywhere in North America. I will ship world wide, but will pass on any extra cost.

The photo is from the original listing. If I get a chance this week I will take some more recent photos of the lens.

Here are a couple images from the lens. I think the first is full frame, the second a series of verticals stiched.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leica 19mm Ver II ROM, $2800 shipped North America

Where's Jack. Lol
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Where's Jack. Lol
    You need to let him play with yours Then he will have to have one again.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well he better get his *** over here as Im not letting this one leave my sight. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

While I think it is a remarkable performer on the D800, I am (unfortunately) at an age where my vision -- ahemmmm --- appreciates AF. It's the reason I sold my ZF lenses too. I do make the MF exception for the PC-E lenses simply because of what they are.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    While I think it is a remarkable performer on the D800, I am (unfortunately) at an age where my vision -- ahemmmm --- appreciates AF. It's the reason I sold my ZF lenses too. I do make the MF exception for the PC-E lenses simply because of what they are.
    Jack, I probably have to agree with you. With the finders on the AF cameras not optimized for manual focusing, the lesser performing AF lenses produce better in focus images than an out of focus image from a high performance lens. Once I sold the DMR and tried the Leica lenses on the D800E, I realized only Live view focusing did justice to the better lenses and I didn't see myself shooting everything that way.

This lens is still looking for a new home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sold