The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Black M8 in mint condition

Terry

I'm biting the bullet and upgrading and then going to one body. So, I am selling both of my current M8's (there is a second listing for the chrome one).

This M8 is not upgraded.

Everything is in NY and I can ship it starting Friday when I arrive there.

I don't have a picture of this camera but will be happy to send/post any pictures on Thursday evening.

Price $3200 including original base plate and handgrip + 1 extra battery.

I will ship/insure buyer pays paypal. If you are in NY or Phila or Bay area it can be hand delivered.

Terry

Re: FS: Black M8 in mint condition

Lowering price....on both M8's

Black or Chrome $2800

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

You got a great deal Bob! (That is assuming you grabbed it!)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I am biting my buy finger . These are some really nice prices

charlesphoto

OMG this is getting tempting, esp as mine always seems to be back in La la Leica land (read NJ/Solms).

Do you mind me asking what serial # this is? ie is it early or a bit later?

Thanks,

Charles

drazin

would you consider trades? i have canon L gear and a leica m6 TTL with MP flare proof finder i would trade. i can also include cash.

and i am in NYC.

cam

oh, thank god! knowing it was Terry's made it so very tempting! (i'm holding out for the M8.2 as the discreet shutter is the most important feature for me.) congrats, Terry!

charlesphoto

I bought this baby. The temptation was too much! Not to mention my silver body is back in NJ for some warranty work. I've always wanted two so now I do. I'm on the list for upgrading, now the questions is black or silver? I'm leaning towards black.

cam

+1 :D

I was never so tempted to get an M8!
:ROTFL:

She has a chrome one also. LOL
i'm black all the way!

I bought this baby. The temptation was too much! Not to mention my silver body is back in NJ for some warranty work. I've always wanted two so now I do. I'm on the list for upgrading, now the questions is black or silver? I'm leaning towards black.
to be honest, i think the chrome looks far cooler. however, i shoot a lot on the street (and in dodgy metros) and i want to be as unobtrusive as can be -- so black is for me. even with my black body Epson, people seem to notice it more when i have a chrome lens on. we all like pretty shiny things :D

congrats! either way you go, you're getting a beautiful beast!

you know how some people want to come back as so-and-so's dog? i want to come back as Terry's camera! i can smell that Luigi leather now....

charlesphoto

Cam,

Yes, the chrome is beautiful. I bought a black originally back in March 07 but it needed replacement and Leica sent me a silver one by mistake. I was tempted to return it but fell in love with it, never having had a chrome M before. But you are right black does tend to blend in more.

I also had my eye on a new M8 which would have been $3200 after rebate (it was being sold at the old price). But having had one turkey out of the box (and last thing I want with the birth of my first baby three weeks away is two M8s in NJ for service) I decided to go with Terry's instead as it was well taken care of and is known to work with out problems. And I can put the savings toward an upgrade. And Terry has been really great. I would recommend her to buy from.

Here are some pics from Paris where I had an opening in Nov. All with M8.

Enjoy!

CP

http://www.charlespeterson.net/paris/