The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica 50mm Summilux Pre-ASPH LTM Chrome Japan Only!

bob338

I really want to buy MikeL's 35mm Summilux before he sends it over to ebay. So, I'm hoping someone might want to buy this lens.

In 1999 or 2000, Leica made a special LTM edition of the Pre-ASPH Summilux for Japan only. There were supposedly 500 of them made, but they're not numbered.

My lens is chrome. I have the lens, box, leather case, and caps.
I had the lens CLA'd by Leica last year and will include the receipt. They also replaced the LTM adapter with a new one for $178! It is included, too.
This lens shows minor signs of use, I would rate it at 8/10. The glass is perfect.

If you want to own the finest LTM lens ever made, this is it. In my humble opinion, of course. I'm only selling it because I just bought an ASPH Summilux and it's just a *teeny* bit sharper.

$2800 paypaled and shipped in the USA.

Photos to follow...

bob338

you can see from the pictures of my lens that i actually use it! the lens surfaces are perfect, the 'blemishes' in the photos is dust.

also, if anyone wants to trade me for a 35mm ASPH summilux, i am game...

bob338

Thanks, guys! I've had a nibble, but so far no takers.

Any serious offers will be considered. I really want that 35 Summilux!

bob338

It looks like MikeL sold his Summilux, so I am open to trades or a straight sale.

I am interested in a...

35mm Summilux ASPH
75 Summilux
90 Apo Summicron

I am looking for user lenses, not shelf queens.

bob338

Still looking for trades...

I am interested in a...

35mm Summilux ASPH
75 Summilux
90 Apo Summicron

I am looking for user lenses, not shelf queens.