The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hilti PD42 laser finder (like Leica Disto D5/ D8)

narikin

Excellent Hilti PD 42 laser rangefinder for measuring distance accurately.

Great device, has a built in optical scope that shows you where the laser is hitting in sunlight. Essential to have this in bright light. I have used the Disto D5/D8 with its 'camera' and prefer the optical finder on the Hilti PD42, also the Disto takes a long time to start up (~5secs) but the Hilti is instant. It also has 2 built in spirit levels, so functions for leveling the camera on both axis.

The internals are licensed by Hilti from Leica, so there's nothing in it in that department.

Perfect working order. Mine since new, not ex-contractor or surveyor/architect on dusty construction sites. Never dropped or damaged. I have the case for it somewhere, assuming I can find it! Instructions are online at Hilti, but its pretty straightforward. I have it set in meters, but that's easily changed to feet if you prefer.

$360 to me, so please consider any PayPal fees or shipping if you need to go that way. NYC personal pickup for cash welcome if you happen to be hereabouts. Thanks!