The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Leica M9-P Silver (500 clicks) + Elmarit 28mm ASPH

VINCET

Both item comes with box, manual, all the accessories. The M9-P is in silver chrome with around 500 shutter actuation. Yes, not 5000 but around 500. Barely used camera. I am not the original owner. The camera has been registered. Overall, mechanical, electrical and optical, it is 10. Cosmetics is around 8.75. There is slightest hint of a rub mark on the side where the strap lug is located. I tried to take a picture of it but could not get a shot that shows it but it is there under the right condition. (I am quite picky). There is also a very slight nick but I think it might be a cosmetic defect from the factory. This is above the strap lug on one side. One of the photo show this. Again, it is very hard to see and I am just nit picking. The bottom plate no longer have the plastic protector and does have some light hairline scratches on it. No dings or dents. The lens is like new condition complete with box, manual, pouch and a blanch 3 year registration card. Price include shipping in the US via USPS Express mail so you get it next day. Price is also net via Bank Wire Transfer or BOA direct deposit. This is an awesome Leica starter system. Reason for selling is because I need to buy a Piano. Talk about expensive hobby.

Price of $6750 include shipping in CONUS

Leica M9P 28 Elmarit - a set on Flickr

Leica M9P 28 Elmarit - a set on Flickr

VINCET

Lowered to $5099. Shipping within CONUS included. Payment by wire transfer. Paypal if you have a good history here or other site. Sorry about being picky with payments, too many scammers lately.

jstaben

Great seller!

GLWS!

Funny how one on the forums that is more expensive and had 6000 more actuations sold but this one is still avail?? Makes no sense...I'd snap this one up in a second if I was in the market

VINCET

Hi Jon

One reason that it is probably still here is because I am extremely cautious is dealing with people. I usually require bank transfer unless the person is someone with a good history on this site or other site like FM or ebay. Too many scammers trying to get us now a days.

I am actually in no hurry and even on the fence in regards to selling this camera. It has very low actuation, just checked by Leica in March 2013 and everything is perfect except for a few cosmetics issue.

Did you get your M 240 yet? How do you like it?

Regards
Vince

jstaben

Hi Vince looks like you got a beauty there! I have my M240 and it is great although with the increased DR the output is more similar to my D800E, good or bad. I don't find ISO 3200 that great but the low light ability is definitely better than the M9. The screen is fantastic though and the live view is very nice.

The M9/M9P will still be relevant for a long long time though as the quality straight out of the camera is fantastic. It has a definite look to the images I think in part due to the more limited DR that is just great

VINCET

Image taken with this M9-P and the 28mm Elmarit ASPH

Here is the current shutter count. It is actually less than 500

VINCET

Been thinking about what JSTABEN said regarding why this one is still here and another one was sold even if this one has less shutter actuation and at a lower price. Last night, I decided to add more shutter click to it so it is now around 425. By the time tomorrow, it might be 450. I think I will also raise the price to $5100. I will keep raising the price and add shutter actuation to it until it sell :)

Here is the last shot on this camera. Shot last night with a 35mm Summilux ASPH

Last edited:

VINCET

The camera is sold Pending payment to ManlovesChihuahua (Ting).

Here are some more picture of this camera as I am packing it up. As you can see, I removed the tape. Also note the date on the inspection card (May 10, 2013).