The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Film tested Contax IIA Color Dial + 50mm Sonnar and Accessories

I bought this from a local dealer, who guarantees it for 90 days, to take on a trip, but upon further reflection can't stand the idea of this thing getting ruined in the rainforest, so I'm going to look for another 35mm rig to take with.

It's been film tested and works up to 1/500. I haven't tested it at 1250. The rangefinder window is dead accurate and clear. The aperture is smooth and there is no oil on the blades. Also, the self timer works.

The lens is in amazing condition, with just a few little dust specks, which don't show up on the negatives at all.

There is one "bump" on the back leatherette, which is a common issue, but does not affect performance at all.

It comes with the original box, well-worn leather case, instruction manual, and lens hood for the 50mm Sonnar.

This is a truly beautiful camera that needs a good home. $500 net to me.

You can check out pictures of the rig here:

500px / loganegbert / Photos