The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Alpa Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital HR 4.5/28mm

ddanois

Hello,

I am selling this Alpa mount HR28 lens as I am looking to move to the FPS and I can't use this lens with the new body. This lens is currently listed as the HR-Digaron-S on the Alpa site but this is only a renaming schema. They are the same lens. From the Alpa site:

The Rodenstock HR Digaron-S lens series was developed for special applications with extremely high resolution CCD chip backs with pixel sizes noticeable smaller than 10 μm up to 5 μm such as can only be realized with smaller digital sensor formats. These lenses utilize every technological possibility to get as close as possible to the absolute physical limit of diffrac- tion-determined resolution. Among other things, even the op- tical properties and the thickness of the CCD protective glass were taken into the equation of the optical correction.

The resolving power and lateral chromatic aberration have been optimized to ensure that the resulting lack of sharpness or the color fringes do not amount to any more than a tiny fraction of the pixel size (which can no longer be resolved). As a result, even when the digital photos taken with the lens are enlarged to a maximum on the screen, absolutely no color fringes are visible, unless color fringes are added by the pixel structure of the sensor's Bayer filter or due to interpolation.

The resolving power of the HR Digaron-S is not only a little better for the working apertures of 8 to 11 recommended for other high-performance lenses. You can rather see an increase in performance even with a higher aperture right up to the maximum f-stop 5.6 to 4. This increase is reflected in the very high brilliance and detail reproduction. To ensure that this fan- tastic quality is not impaired by diffraction, HR lenses should always be stopped down as little as possible. This means that the depth of field should be increased for motifs extended in depth by using an optimum lens tilt for an overall sharp focus. The advantageous larger apertures available with these lenses also reduce color noise in the shadows.

The lens is in excellent condition (glass is perfect as is the Copal shutter). The barrel has a minor blemish to the paint and is only cosmetic in nature (see pic below). I have tested the lens and it is accurate at infinity.

Those who know me, and have purchased from me, will note that I would not call this lens mint due to the cosmetic blemish on the barrel but it is just below that rating in quality.

This lens comes with the lens caps and neoprene cover. In addition, I am including the Alpa HPF ring.

I am asking $5900. Price includes PP fees and UPS ground shipping. Please PM me with any questions.

Many thanks,

Derek

Last edited:

ddanois

I would really like to move this lens in order to help fund another purchase so I'm reducing the asking price to $5500.

Other offers will be considered.

ddanois

Bump

The $4800 price now includes a new Rodenstock Optical Center Filter as part of the package.

HR28 lens, HPF Ring and Optical Center Filter.

ddanois

This lens makes a great ultra-wide so please consider the deal here. I would keep it but I can't use this lens on the Alpa FPS.

Offers will be considered.

ddanois

Bumping for the weekend!

Please note that the current price of $4800 is a great deal considering that the retail price of all 3 components is approximately $8400!

The 28HR on a full frame digital back is equivalent to a 19mm lens in 35mm format.

Help me find this lens a new home. I can't use this lens on the Alpa FPS.

Thanks,
Derek