The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikkor AFD 28/1.4, Leica M3 SS, Contax ZM 28/2.8

Talex

I am selling some gear that has been sitting on my shelf too long.

1. AF-Nikkor 28mm f/1.4D. This is of course one of the legendary lens from Nikon. Hand-ground aspheric element, and only about 7000 were ever made. Lovely images at wide-open apertures. If you pair this with a D700 or D3, then you have a kit that sees in the dark better than the human eye. The glass itself has no visible flaws-both front and rear elements. I tried to show the glass in detail in the pictures below, so you can see it is extremely clean. The body is in very good user condition, with a small dent on the filter ring as the biggest flaw. However, it takes a filter and the dent does not affect usage in any way. Also, there are some minor rub marks and the paint on "16" on the aperture ring is wearing off. Both the aperture ring and the M/AF ring are fine. This is a very tough, well-built lens. It comes with a premium B&W UV filter and the original lens pouch. Here is a nice review of the lens: Nikon 28mm f/1.4 AF-D Nikkor
Price: $1950 Net to me, shipping at cost on USPS Priority Mail or UPS. (Due to cost of the lens, I recommend insured shipping)

2. Leica M3 Single Stroke. This example is from the later (desirable) production run (Serial #: 1,025,409). That means the build quality was at the pinnacle of M3 quality from the golden era of Leica build quality. It is a very good user in very decent shooting and cosmetic condition. VF is clear with no signs of balsam separation, and shutter speeds appear correct from usage (I don't have equipment to test the speed, but it appears to be fine). The wax seal is still intact, but for it states "R" instead of "L." Cosmetically, there is a piece of missing vulcanite below the lens mount, and dent near the eyepiece. There are also minor scratches on the bottom plate and other marks of normal usage on the body. Please see detailed pictures below. But overall, it is in very good cosmetic condition considering the age. I really enjoyed shooting with this camera-it just felt right.
Price: $800 Net to me, shipping at cost on USPS Priority Mail or UPS.

3. Carl Zeiss Biogon 28mm f/2.8 ZM: Higher contrast than the 28/2.8 Elmarit, this lens can produce the signature cool-tone Zeiss look from Leica M bodies. The condition is "Like New" with flawless glass, and flawless cosmetics. No lens wobble at all. The aperture ring clicks at fractional stops-a nice feature. See pictures below for a detailed look. The sturdy all metal construction and compact size of this lens make it look like it naturally belongs on a Leica M body.
Price: $800 Net to me, shipping at cost on USPS Priority Mail or UPS.

Buy from me with confidence: I have 100% positive feedback on eBay (username: "Talex_us") and RFF (username: "Talex"). I describe accurately, pack carefully, ship promptly, and will give you no nonsense. For payment, please use Paypal. If you are in the Northern Virginia area, I can also accept cash and meet in person for a local delivery.

Returns: I will grant a 5-day inspection period from the time you receive the item. If you feel the item is not as I described it, then you can send it back to me for a refund (minus the original shipping cost). Once I receive the returned item, I will promptly refund the amount back to you.

Thanks for your interest!

Last edited: