The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Five 50mm M/LTM Lenses!

kermaier

This round of trimming my lens collection is going to hurt, but I need to fund other purchases -- so here are some of my nicest fifties up for sale.

Leitz Summicron 50/2 Rigid Type 1 -- $895
This is an absolute classic in unusually fine condition. The glass has no cleaning marks I can see, and little dust, having had a CLA from Sherry Krauter in 2009. (There might be a faint touch of haze visible under strong light, but I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me.) The focus is smooth and easy, the aperture clicks like new, and the diaphragm is clean. The chrome finish is excellent, with a few signs of use. Comes with chrome front cap in excellent shape and black plastic (grey liner) rear cap in fair condition.

Konica M-Hexanon 50/2 -- $575
The M-Hex is a fantastic, modern lens to rival the latest Summicrons. This one is in wonderful condition: Clean glass, smooth as silk focus and aperture, built-in hood extends properly. A little bit of paint wear on the edges of the knurled rings. Original front and rear caps. (The front cap has a ding on the edge, but don't worry -- only the cap ever hit the floor!)

Voigtlander Nokton 50/1.5 LTM -- $495
Another modern classic from Cosina. Performance rivals the pre-aspherical Summilux, according to some. Extremely clean and smooth inside and out, with just a slight patina of use to distinguish it from new. (The front cap has some wear, but that's about it.) Comes with original hood, caps, box, booklet.

Canon 50/1.5 LTM -- $525
This was Canon's clone of the classic Zeiss Sonnar, and it's one of the best copies out there. The glass is very clean, with just a few inconsequential cleaning marks, focus is smooth and easy, aperture clicks solidly. A little bit of oil on the diaphragm blades. This lens got a CLA from DAG in 2009. Comes with proper vintage caps and the very hard-to-find original hood.

Nikkor-H.C 50/2 LTM -- $355
Another wonderful Japanese Sonnar copy, this time from Nikon. This example is from early in the Nippon Kogaku Japan run, having a click-less aperture ring. Very clean glass, with a few cleaning marks; smooth focus and aperture; a bit of oil on the diaphragm blades. The lens got an overhaul from Essex Camera in 2008. Comes with metal rear cap, Nikkor clip-on front cap, generic vented hood.
By the way, this lens is a little piece of RFF history, having been the NKJ 50/2 that participated in Raid's great 50mm shootout of 2006: Test of Twelve 50mm Lenses - Rangefinderforum.com

Administrivia

Payment is via PayPal (or cash for in-person transactions in NYC).
Prices include PayPal fees and shipping via USPS Priority Mail insured within the continental USA. Other destinations extra at cost.
For your reference, I have plenty of activity and feedback on RangefinderForum (user ID "kermaier") and eBay (user ID "dogleg31").
If you have questions or offers, feel free to ask!

back alley

ari is a good seller...has nice stuff...i've done business with him before and all went well.
just sayin'...

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Isn t that 50 summicron version 2 . Both Ken Rockwell and Erwin Puts show version 1 as a collapsable lens . You lens matches version 2 s photograph .

This lens is also hard to find without cleaning marks as the coatings were soft ....are the glass surfaces without marks ?

D&A

To add to Rogers questions/comments, I've found with the rigid Summcron, that looking at the front element in a traditional way as we often do with modern lenses, often doesn't show much if any cleaning marks the glass might have. Yet looking through the lens from both the front (out the rear) and especially looking into it from the rear (out the front)...both towards a fairly bright light on an angle, often shows a multitude of many small cleaning marks.

Dave (D&A)

kermaier

Roger, that's correct, the "Rigid" Summicron is version 2, with the collapsible having been version 1. What I'm saying is that this lens is Type 1 of the Summicron v2 "Rigid", in that it's the earlier type with a narrow, deeply scalloped focus ring and distance scale in only one unit (feet in this case), as opposed to the later Type 2 that has a wider focus ring with shallower dips and a dual distance scale.
Cheers,
Ari

Last edited:

kermaier

Dave, after re-examining the lens in the manner you've described, I do indeed see a scattering of very fine cleaning marks on the front surface; but it's still really quite clean, and nothing like the many examples I've seen where the soft coatings have been heavily worn. I'd update the description of the lens above if I could (I've done so in my identical ad on RFF), and I thank you for urging me to greater rigor.
Regardless, it's a great lens in great condition, and I'll gladly accept a return from a dissatisfied buyer.
Regards,
Ari

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Thanks Ari

I never found the type 1/2 of version 2 in the guide books . The Ken Rockwell illustration is type 2 and your photograph is type 1 .

D&A

Thank you Ari,

My comments regarding cleaning marks and how to more easily discern them in a rigid summicron due to it's softer glass, wasn't directed at your particualar lens but simply adding to Rogers comments regarding cleaning marks in general with regards to "any" rigid summicron. I have no doubt your lens is lovely and exactly as described and hopefully someone will be lucky enough to own your lens.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

TechIV

OMG, someone buy this stuff... If I had not just sold my GXR-M I'd be all over this. They're all bargains. For the Hex, your getting a Summicron IV for $520! The Canon Sonnar is one of THE best vintage lenses for character.

BUMP!