The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Chrome Zeiss Ikon (ZM, ZI) in pristine shape

Froyd

This great camera is not getting the use it deserves, so it up for sale.

I purchased it from a guy who won it in a contest directly from Zeiss but never used it because he did not shoot film. It came to me in new condition and I've barely put any wear on it. Please see the images below to appreciate the condition of this beauty!

Mechanically, the camera is flawless. I ran 8-10 rolls through it without any issues: meter works as it should, lever and dials move well, VF and RF are clean and clear, etc.

The biggest flaw on this camera is a tiny nick on the slot of the battery compartment.

The rest is just as nice as it was when it left the factory.

The camera is complete with:

* Original Zeiss strap --never used
* Original body cap
* International Warranty Card
* Inspection card
* Manual
* Battery package --opened to remove the batteries inserted in the camera
* All foam inserts
* The camera itself! :D

The lenses and wrist band shown in some of the following images are not included in the sale.

On with the photos!

Sale price: $950.

I will cover PayPal, and split actual insured shipping with CONUS buyers.

A US sale is preferred, but Int'l buyers are welcome. We'll just need to figure out shipping on a case by case basis.

mewanchuk

I have one just like it, and would love another...but need to sell my M7 first!

Anyway, I just wanted to say: "Dude! You KNOW how to take product shots!!"

:)

Good luck with the sale,
-M.

mewanchuk

Well, it doesn't have that Leica "feel" or sound, and is not as cool to load, but...

The ZI:
- Takes fewer batteries (2 instead of 4)
- Has a larger, brighter viewfinder
- Has a top shutter speed of 2000 instead of 1000
- Has a slightly quieter shutter.
- Has an AE Lock button if you are using Aperture priority metering.

Conversely, it does not take the standard viewfinder magnifiers that screw in.

But don't buy it...buy my M7!

:)

Cheers,
-M.

Froyd

Anybody interested, make an offer now! I have a$1000 offer on eBay, closing in 7h from now (4pm ET 8/23) which equals $900 after ebay fees, so $950 on GetDPI is a better deal both for the buyer and for me. Hurry, hurry!

Sorry, I realize this post goes against the 24h bump rule, but I thought people on the fence would want to know.