The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: M-Mount body in Canada

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy an M-mount rangefinder body, either Leica or Voigtlander. I need to buy one buy this weekend since I was planning to use my M3 for a shoot, but it jammed up and needs repairs now. Due to shipping and time constraints, I can only consider cameras located in Canada.

I'm looking for a serious user camera - it can be in the ugliest cosmetic condition as long as it works properly! I'm also looking to keep my budget around $600 or less if possible.

Given these factors, I'm thinking my most likely candidates are a user M2 or M3 body, or maybe even a truly hideous M4-2. Perhaps a Bessa R2x or R3x.

As long as it takes M lenses and film I'll consider it, so let me know what you have!

vickko

I'm in Ottawa.

First, I bet your M3 jammed because a felt light-trap strip has jammed into the shutter tape. Easy fix, takes me maybe a couple hours.

Want me to repair it? Ship it overnight to me in Ottawa, and if that is what's wrong with it, I'll get it back to you before the weekend.

As for Canadian M's - try here:
- Camera Trading Company - they had 3 recently: http://www.cameratradingcompany.com/

- Vintage visuals: LEICA
The currently have an M3 and M8

- Camera Traders in Victoria: Camera Traders
Have a Voigtlander

Good luck

Vick

Thanks for your help, Vick! I'm not too worried about the repairs since it's still under warranty from a recent CLA, it's just not likely that I'll have it back in time for this weekend.

It will definitely be a challenge, but I have a few potential leads already! Too bad there aren't more used Voigtlander bodies on the Canadian used market, those would definitely be in my budget.