The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D2H

woodyspedden

We have here a mint D2H (and I mean mint!) The sensor has just been replaced as a recall so we have essentially a new system. I have had very good success with this camera in spite of the smallish 4Mpx sensor. It is really fast, the color rendition superb, and overall a camera worthy of the title of a Nikon Pro.

At this price someone will be able to make wonderful images for a long time to come. So look at this seriously.

Woody

woodyspedden

Woody, I think you forgot the price. It looks like Nikon has lost your business. :(
Sorry Brad. The price is $650.

Nikon has definitely not lost my business. I find the bodies so reliable that I don't need both a D3 and a D700 and following the surgery on my thumb the lighter weight body works much better for me.

I do however find that i want and need to go back to primes rather than the really large and bulky zooms. I will probably end up with a full stable of Zeiss ZF lenses for the Nikon system. I put the 18mm Zeiss up for sale but if the 14-24 goes first i will withdraw the 18. I have the Zeiss 35 which is a wonderful lens and I am looking to get the 50 2.0 macro and either the 100 2.0 or the 85 1.4. That pretty much covers the same ground as the 14-24 and the 24-70 and gives me smaller lighter primes to deal with. I love my Nikon gear and have shot great images with the two zooms that I now have for sale. I could keep both of them and be entirely happy with the IQ. I just need to get the weight down so I can actually handle the system properly.

Just for consistency I also have tried to sell my Hasselblad H3DII-39 for the same reasons of weight and size. But I shoot that system almost exclusively on a tripod so the weight and size become less of a problem.

Anyway, I want to rearrange my Nikon kit to work with my disability. Hopefully selling the big stuff and getting back to primes will do the job. If not I guess I will go with the Panasonic G1 LOL

Woody