The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Epson 4880/ Imageprint 7

jlm

Workshop Member
this printer is about a year old, in primo condition. ( new is $1,700) has a full set of 220ml Epson ink cartridges with 90% ink remaining (a $900 value).

includes a licensed copy of Imageprint 7, full version, with dongle ($900 value)

total bundle: $1,900 in NYC

This is an excellent pro quality 17" wide, 8 color, roll or sheet feed printer

charlesphoto

This is such a great deal I can't believe it's still here. I print with a 4800 and Imageprint RIP myself and can vouch that the RIP is totally worth it, esp for b&w. I get great prints first time. And the 4880 is supposed to be just that much better.

bensonga

I wish Alaska was a little closer to NYC. Would love to have this setup....I do alot of printing.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska
Epson 2400 & 2200

jlm

Workshop Member
gary...after reading your ranting about bush/cheney/rumsfeld, i'll gladly split the shipping cost to alaska :)

bensonga

gary...after reading your ranting about bush/cheney/rumsfeld, i'll gladly split the shipping cost to alaska :)
I knew that was going to come back to bite me! :)

My wife frequently tells me I should be less forthcoming with my opinions in mixed company.....obviously, I haven't taken her advice to heart.

My real difficulty with getting a larger printer is finding the space for it. I know, I know...I should just get rid of the 2200/2400.

Do you have the original box/crate the printer came in? I remember seeing photos of the crate the original 4000 came in (on Luminous-Landscape, I think)....it looked huge.

Gary

jlm

Workshop Member
the footprint is 33w b 32 d x 12-1/2 h. weight is about 70 lbs? i may have the box, but can come up with an alternate if needed.

bensonga

Just looking at the crated size of this baby...it is impressive!

Headed into my office now to size up the space I've got.......

Gary

bensonga

Hi John,

After a few days to consider and re-consider (including a visit to the local Epson dealer to actually see a 4880 in person)....it's just too big for my office as it is currently configured (and cluttered with photo gear etc).

Not only do I need a bigger garage, but I obviously need a bigger office, since I don't want to get rid of any of the gear I have now. Might be time to start looking for a bigger house.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

E

edwinb

Ive just been outputting some test images on a 4880 with the black matt ink cartridge fitted onto a matt canvas stock. Fantastic results with really 'dead' black using the standard epson driver at 2880 resolution. It really is a good printer if anyone is looking.
edwin

JimCollum

i have the 4800 and Imageprint RIP, and i use the Phatte Black option (replace one of the light grey cartridges with a matte .. so you can print both matte and glossy without cartridge swapping. You have to print through the RIP to use this option.. but the images I get out are excellent. You really can't tell that you're missing one of the light grey inks.

jim

jlm

Workshop Member
bump; since the traffic seems to be stepping up, price reduced to 1,700. good value, especially considering all the ink

jlm

Workshop Member
still for sale, i am trying to finance the move to a larger printer; the 4880 works perfectly

Don Libby

I have one of the original 4000's and it's almost bullet proof - I can only image the 4880 being even better.

Don