The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Custom "L" Bracket - Compact and Fast - Mamiya, Contax 645, Hasselblad, and 35mm

David Klepacki

FS: Custom "L" Bracket - Compact and Fast - Mamiya, Contax 645, Hasselblad, and 35mm

I thought I sold off all of my pro photo equipment, but I just found this beauty sitting in one of my bags. I put together a really nice, solid, lightweight and compact rotating bracket so that I could quickly switch from landscape to portrait orientation while on a monopod or tripod. It worked absolutely beautifully on both my Contax 645 and Phase One 645 cameras. However, I got the idea from a Hasselblad shooter (see here: Yuri's Favorite Photography Gadget: The Manfrotto Monopod - YouTube)

My bracket here is setup to take any Arca-Swiss "traditional camera plate", even though I include a plate only for the Contax 645/Mamiya 645 cameras.

Also, I have custom modified the mounting of this bracket to be mounted onto an Arca-Swiss slidefix mount, which are only found on Arca-Swiss ballheads such as the P0, P1, Z1, D4, and newer C1 cubes. So, please keep this in mind when considering to purchase this item. I found the slidefix mount to be the smallest, lightest and most rigid solution for me, and I just happen to only like the Arca-Swiss heads.

Here is a list of components that are included in this setup. Be sure to examine the attached photos as well (and the video link above). Any questions, just ask.

• Custom Brackets Digital PRO-SV
  • Custom Brackets QRA-C Adapter
  • Custom Brackets PG Grip
  • Really Right Stuff B43 Plate for Mamiya/Phase One 645 and Contax 645
  • Custom mounted Arca-Swiss Slidefix SLR Quick Release Plate

The total retail value of this piece is over $400.

Sale Price: $275 + shipping.