The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D800e w/ 50mm f1.8G $2600

VINCET

I am selling my Nikon D800e with a Nikon 50mm f1.8G lens. Both items are in pristine condition around 9.5/10. The camera does not have any focus issue and the lens is just sharp. Camera has around 10K shutter actuation and comes with box, manual, charger and battery. The lens comes with the box as well as the hood and manual. I am not the original owner but the camera was originally purchased around April of 2012. It is perfect.

I am selling this at an aggressive price of $2600 for both item. Please, no low baller.

I also have a Zeiss 35mm ZF.2 f2 for sale in an earlier ad as well as a Nikon 28mm f1.8G in box for $520 , a Nikon SB 700 $250 and SB 800 $325 in box, Zeiss 100MP f2.0 ZF2 $1500 and finally a nice Nikon 135mm DC f2.0 $875 that I got from Guy not too long ago that I can bundle if there are serious interest. The reason I am selling is because I decided to concentrate on one system and picked the Leica M. I might hold on to the 100 MP and the 135 DC and try them out on the M 240. I am really starting to love the DC and can't wait for my Nikon F to Leica M adapter to show up.

aztwang

Have you found the 135 to be tack sharp on the D800e? This lens has a history of hit and miss in the sharpness department. How much A/F fine tune was necessary for this lens?
Thank You...Don

VINCET

Don. I did not do any adjustment and just shoot it at f2.0 for portrait of my kids. I posted a couple of the pic in the Nikon forum

aztwang

Vincent,
I wonder if thats why you stated that it was not terribly sharp? Maybe it just needed A/F fine tune

Don
Don. I did not do any adjustment and just shoot it at f2.0 for portrait of my kids. I posted a couple of the pic in the Nikon forum

VINCET

Hi Don

Not sure, I don't actually care that much as I really liked the result. For me, there is a special character in the picture this lens took. In one of my conversation with Dave (D&A), I mentioned that for me, one reason I like Leica images is because they have that character. They might not have the highest pixel, or the widest dynamic range, but I like the result. Very similar to a vacuum tube amplifier vs a transistor amp. Technically, the transistor amp is more accurate but the sound of the vacuum tube amp is just so much more pleasing to me. I think it is due to their inaccuracy.

Also, I have not really done any serious testing to see its sharpness (like mounting on tripod, etc) I did read somewhere that the 135 is supposed to be one of the sharpest in Nikon lenses. Just never bother to test. 2 Kids = no life.

Regards
Vince

VINCET

The SB-800 is spoken for. Left are the SB-700, 100 MP Zeiss, 135mm and almost forgot that I also have a 35mm Zeiss ZF.2.

Forgot to put in the original add that all price are NET to me.

Thanks
Vince