The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M (240) Black

ddanois

Hi Everyone:

I've decided to sell my Leica M camera body. The body is in mint condition and comes with all original accessories and packaging.

I am asking $7500 which includes transaction fees and shipping within the CONUS.

Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks,

Derek

ddanois

A few updates based on all of the many inquiries:

The camera is approximately 8 months old.

The camera shutter count is approximately 370

I am selling it because I have been shooting my medium format system as my primary tool and I don't want to let the M sit unused any longer.

The body has not had any issues with the strap lugs

I will consider a selling price of $7200 if buyer is willing to pay via direct bank transfer to avoid PP fees. I will still cover shipping within the CONUS.

Thanks again for all of the inquiries!

D

Deleted member 7792

Derek is an absolute pleasure to do business with and I recommend him highly. I have purchased high-value items from him in the past, and on each occasion the camera or lens has been in better condition than described. If I didn't already have an M 240, I'd buy this one.

Joe

ddanois

UPDATE:

This listing and price of $7500 ($7200 if payment via bank transfer) now includes the RRS BM240-L Set: Includes Base + L-Plate ($198.00 value)!

Thank you for looking,

Derek

P.S. Thanks for the kind words Joe!

mewanchuk

From what I understand (I have asked Tamarkin...) the "official answer" from Leica is apparently "no". But apparently it depends on the dealer, how the receipt reads, and who registered it.

Most reputable dealers will go to the wall for the current owner to have work done under warranty. That is the best answer anyone can really give.

Hope this helps...it sounds like a great deal!!

GLWS,

-M.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Absolutely agree with Joe! Derek is an very pleasant and honest person. I had a great time dealing with him.

Pramote

ddanois

Thank you for your feedback Pramote.

As previously stated, the Leica warranty question within the US is not very clear. The best I can say is that Leica has always been exceptional in service response even without warranty registration and this camera body has very low use.

Thank you all for your comments.

Derek

ddanois

Apologies for the additional updates but I wanted to share the pictures that have been requested as well as to highlight an adjustment to the listing.

During the image captures under studio lighting, I discovered a small cosmetic mark on the the right upper side of the body. As such, I am not comfortable posting this item as "Mint" although I would feel confident with an excellent condition rating.

Please note that due to this blemish, I am adjusting the price to $7300 (PP & Shipping) and $7000 (including shipping) if payment is via direct transfer.

Thank you again for all of your inquiries.

Derek

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great news. I was about to put my ski mask on in 112 degree heat and go to the bank. I think I would have been pretty obvious. ROTFLMAO

Bad enough I played golf in this **** this morning. I'm thinking of a trading places listing soon here if this keeps up.

algrove

Great news. I was about to put my ski mask on in 112 degree heat and go to the bank. I think I would have been pretty obvious. ROTFLMAO

Bad enough I played golf in this **** this morning. I'm thinking of a trading places listing soon here if this keeps up.
Guy, if you want a lightly used one nicer than this PM me.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
I've just received the M, Summilux 50mm ASPH/EVF in like NEW condition.
Where is the blemish? I can't find it :)

Thanks very much Derek!
Pramote