The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 90 Elmarit-M

Lloyd

Black Leica 90mm Elmarit-M. Newest version of the Elmarit, with slide-out lens hood. Serial number 463xxx. Not coded. Comes with front and rear caps and Leica leather case.

Excellent condition, some minor internal dust, glass is clear and clean, aperture blades are oil free and look new. Aperture ring clicks nicely into place at half stops, just like it should.

This lens is a classic, and is my all-time favorite Leica 90mm (I've owned five of them), even over my 90 Cron. I hate to part with it, but I have some unexpected expenses to deal with just now.

Price: $1350.00 Shipped and PayPal'd CONUS.

Pix of the actual lens, please pardon the dust:

Lloyd

Just came to my attention that I wrote the serial number incorrectly. It is actually 3463xxx. Sorry for any confusion. (The number is clearly indicated in the photos the lens.)

kuau

Workshop Member
Lloyd, hmm I think I remember this lens.... Why don't you use it on your Fuji?
When are you coming to Park City?

D&A

I hope it's OK to make a brief comment. I've extensively have used the Leica 90mm f2.8 Elmarit-M in addition to most all Leica and non-Leica 90mm lenses. Each one of course have their own attributes but I can say without any hesitation that this lens has a combination of optical and handling charateristics that are hard to match. Superb optically with just a touch of forgiveness wide open for portraits but still extremely sharp for important details and then from f4 and beyond, simply stunning. Handling and size is a dream with the ever so popular 46mm filter size as a convienience.

I simply am mentioning all this for someone who may not be familair with some of the 90mm Leica lenses.

Dave (D&A)

fotografz

I hope it's OK to make a brief comment. I've extensively have used the Leica 90mm f2.8 Elmarit-M in addition to most all Leica and non-Leica 90mm lenses. Each one of course have their own attributes but I can say without any hesitation that this lens has a combination of optical and handling charateristics that are hard to match. Superb optically with just a touch of forgiveness wide open for portraits but still extremely sharp for important details and then from f4 and beyond, simply stunning. Handling and size is a dream with the ever so popular 46mm filter size as a convienience.

I simply am mentioning all this for someone who may not be familair with some of the 90mm Leica lenses.

Dave (D&A)
+1 ... the "sleeper" lens in the M lens system!

- Marc