The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Epson RD 1S priced to sell $900

mmbma

This was buried among other items that sold so I thought I'd separate.

Up for sell is this EPSON 1D RS, great cosmetic condition throughout except slight paint loss on the LCD swivel in the back, as shown. 100% mechanical, sensor is clean, no dead pixels, rangefinder bright and is perfectly aligned. Takes great photos as you can see in the samples. Two original batteries, a 2GB card, and original charger. No Box.

I found it to be a great complement to my Leica Monochrom, when I needed a color camera but don't want to spent too much on a M9. But I'm in the middle of cleaning house and rethinking my gear list.

It's listed on ebay as well
Epson R D1S 6 1 MP Digital Camera Black Body Only | eBay

zoz63

Hi there
Here is small portion of this forums rules.
** Ebay & other sites: Posts that only point to other sale or auction sites are NOT appreciated. However, if your listed item has not sold here after 48 hours, then it is okay to add a note you've moved the the item to the 3rd party site. If you link prior to the 48 hour limit, your post may be deleted without comment.

mmbma

as stated in the ad, I'm separating this from an older post because other items sold. but thanks for the free bump!

D&A

I've always had (and still do) a soft spot in my heart for the RD1/1S camera. Sometimes a camera comes along that for a certain style of shooting, unique presentation of captures images, simply all around fun, or a combination of all three and more....this camera has it in abundance in my opinion.

I love the Leica like glow most prominently seen in picture # 2, but its also certainly there in pic #1 and to a degree pic #3. May I ask what lens was used to captures such atmospheric images?

Good luck with the sale since how could one not be pleased with this RD1S gem.

Dave (D&A)

mmbma

Hi Dave

Thanks for the comment. I got the camera from another member here. I had the monochrom and the ME but I felt compelled to try the Epson. At below 1000 it wasn't going to kill my wallet too so I guess it was an impulse buy. But I don't get to use it enough.

I used a 35mm pre asph lux to get the standard 50mm focal length. The first picture was a stitch of four shots. It was hard to compensate for the converging line distortion but it looks fun. The camera mates very well with classic lenses, extentuating the "leica glow" through its film like rendering. These pictures have not been post processed, right out of the camera JPEG.

djonesii

Workshop Member
loved mine for IQ and look, never really got the whole RF gestalt thing, just another way to manually focus a lens to me! Still every so often, I miss it!

Good luck with sale and a bump to the top.

Dave