The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FEELER: d800 - user

dmeckert

Potentially looking into shaking up my gear bag. Interested to see what the prospects are for facilitating that. Timeline...sometime in mid to late october.

For sale would be my nikon d800, in user condition (i am the 2nd owner). Off the top of my head it has between 45k and 50k shots. There is paint loss on the bottom near the battery door, but that brassing is the only real cosmetic issue. functionally, it's just dandy, and i haven't noticed the dreaded left focus issue.

included will be 2 batteries (one is level 1, one is level 3), and a promaster vertical grip.

no box for the camera, but there is one for the grip.

i'd like to get $2000, paypal and conus priority/2nd day shipping included.

(also, for future reference...if i were to divest of nikon, there would be a 28-105/3.5-4.5 in excellent condition, and a 50/1.8G and 85/1.8G in near mint condition available, but it's unlikely).

dmeckert

on second thought. perhaps i'll leave this up. maybe it's a rash decision, but whatever.

camera took a spill this morning (was on a tripod, maybe 3ft above the floor, and i knocked it over when a student called my attention), and doesn't AF any more. the top lcd glass popped out and broke as well (ordered a replacement before i realize the AF had kicked it), but the top lcd itself is just fine.

otherwise appears to work just as before. flash works, and photos are fine when manually focused.

any interest at $1400? nikon's little estimator tool says it ought to cost just north of $300 for the fix, so i'm assuming a little more plus initial shipping to fix it. it's like a roulette wheel of savings...appropriate given my location ;)

*shrug*

Last edited: