The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

RARE LEICA FINDER - LOOK! (BUDD De Mornay)

jimithing616

Budd DeMornay Finder for Leica 5cm 3.5 (or any 50mm lens) Waist Level Finder.

This finder actually has an actual 50mm lens built into it. Basically the little lever you see off the front couples with a 50mm F/3.5 Elmar for parallax corrected focusing. This thing is AWESOME! very very rare and very cool accessory.

More info can be found on them on some threads on RFF and such. Just do a search.

Looking for value, I was able to find a French camera collecting site selling one for 350 Euro.

Also another american auction site had one up for auction with an estimate of 250-350 euro. I will provide links below to these auctions.

As far as price goes on this.... Thats hard to say...

I believe this to be a Very collectible finder. I know a lot of you are collectors of such things leica. This is probably one of the rarest of all finders ever made. Also how cool would it be to turn your Leica into a Mini Rolleiflex!

I have shot with this finder with my Leica II and 5cm Elmar and its quite fun. I prefer it to by Leica 5cm brightline finder actually. Its like looking at a little color slide negative when you look at the finder screen from waist level (about the same size). Just like with hasselblad WLF's you can basically see you finished product before hitting the shutter. Something not possible on a leica without this finder. That is quite neat.

So, we have a great user tool. and also a very collectible piece.

Condition is 8/10. It shows some wear. Not bad though.

My Price: Trade for Film. Contax G stuff. Hasselblad Stuff. Leica M/LTM stuff, etc... Or I am open to cash offers!

If you shoot with a Barnack and a 5cm elmar and would like this finder, I will give you a good deal. I would like to see it go to someone who will use it!

Shipping USPS. Conus Preferred. International only if you have history here or on RFF, APug, FM, etc...

Links:

727: Reflex Finder De Mornay Budd : Lot 727

DE MORNAY BUDD REFLEX FINDER BLACK 50/3.5 MODEL 288 A FOR LEICA IN GOOD CONDITION MIA56/N°10464 : french-camera.fr