The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Universal Wide Angle Viewfinder

D

DougDolde

Do all the focal lengths fill the viewfinder entirely like a Linhof Multifocus finder or are longer focal lengths reduced in size ?

K

KJB

Honestly I never mounted the viewfinder onto my camera. I bought is as a package with the WATE but never took it out of the plastic. I believe that Tony took it out only to take the pictures. I believe that like the m7 & M8 viewfinders the longer focal lengths are not zoomed to fill the viewfinder. Framelines outline the composition based on the lens mounted. It can work on both film bodies and the M8. Since you are in Simi feel free to take a visit to Tony to try it out. He's in Thousand Oaks as am I.