The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS 665nm converted Panasonic G1 and zoom

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I am sad to be selling my Panasonic G1 IR 665nm (Precision camera) conversion and the Panny 14-42mm ASPH f/3.5-5.6 lens. This tiny setup is really a good IR machine. The lens has not exhibited hot spots during much use. The body only has 805 actuations. I find shooting IR to be deliberate and don't have to take many shots of the same subject. I have the box and cables, but not the software. I do have the body cap, lens caps, and hood. One battery and the charger are included. (Please note that box shows 14-45mm lens, but this is the 14-42mm ASPH lens.)

This is an inexpensive way to try IR photography. You can add on filters to the lens to reach 720nm, 830nm and beyond.

$499 shipped to US locations. Reduced to $450.

Here are some shots that I have taken with the camera (not all were taken with lens).

Next two with an added 830nm filter on the lens

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Nice shots Cindy. I don't see a price posted though.

Ice cream social looks really good right now sitting in 109 degree of heat today.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Guy. The price is $499 shipped to US locations.

We are having a cool spell here in Wisconsin. It is 61 degrees here right now!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks, Guy. The price is $499 shipped to US locations.

We are having a cool spell here in Wisconsin. It is 61 degrees here right now!

REALLY you just trying to piss me off. LOL
109 and climbing. Even the snakes are taking shelter. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, Georg. The IR cam is a nice addition to the camera bag. You can take IR pics during the brightest part of the day, when ordinary photography is not optimum.
This fence is around a small farm on the edge of the town of Bowler, WI. It is very weathered and some pins have fallen off. I guess the guy thought bowling pins were appropriate for a Bowler resident.:ROTFL:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
This is all that you need to start shooting IR, if you have Photoshop. I will supply a profile for setting the white balance in LR or Photoshop, and I can point you in the right direction for post-processing the image. You can shoot IR in the middle of the day, when the sun is too bright for regular photography. This little cam will tuck nicely into your camera bag.

Last edited: