The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS- Leitz 50 mm f/2.8 Elmar(1st version)- near mint

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone, up for sale is the first version of thei Leitz 50 mm f/2.8 Elmar-M. This is actually the coveted first version of the Elmar, designed and manufactured from 1957-74, not the more recent incarnation. The lens here is in incredible condition, nearly mint, as if purchased new, and was purchased locally from Glazers camera. The last buyer was the original owner and was a collector, so the lens looks like it had no use...I have never seen a 50+ year old lens in such pristine shape. The 15 aperture blades are pristine, showing no use or oil. Optics have some dust appropriate to the age of the lens, and no scratches or fungus. Mechanics and cosmetics are nearly perfect, as you can see. Honestly, this is the nicest condition classic lens I have owned and looks and feels new, so I am pricing it accordingly.

Price, including shipping within the Continental US (CONUS) is $600. I only accept personal checks or bank checks.

Pics in next post....happy looking....