The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Canon 7 rangefinder with 50mm f0.95 dream lens

dogstarnyc

Hi all,

I have for sale a lovely Canon 7 rangefinder camera complete with its original 50mm f0.95 lens.. Often called the 'dream lens' because of its characteristics and of course bokeh.

Link to photos of the camera and lens here

Price £1395

Some points to consider:

Item located in the UK just outside London.

I know the history of this camera, it belonged to one man, (amateur photographer) from new (circa 1962) and this is the original camera/lens combo with original leather camera case.

Winding mechanism is very very good, the camera hasn't at all been heavily used, lightmeter I'm not sure if its really working, the needle seems fairly lifeless.

The 50mm lens has the original lens mount and wasn't converted to cine use, it's all standard as when it was made.

Lens condition... the lens takes great photos however there are marks on the front element, they don't affect image quality but they are there. If it were me, I'd probably have the lens cleaned, here in the UK prices are between £50-150. I would rate the lens as a B+ lens, mechanically it is very smooth, blades are very snappy, it shows no signs of wear, I would say A- but because of the marks it has to be B+.

I am happy to ship to the USA and will consider most countries except the usual suspects. Happy to take paypal and split the fee.

I took a long time to see what this camera and lens is actually worth, it is very very popular and has a cult status, therefore I have priced this one to reflect it's condition and I have taken time to be very honest when describing it's condition.

Any questions please ask. I have sold on here and LL and have two ebay accounts, on UK, one USA, both have well over 500 transactions both are 100% positive feedback.

Steve

Last edited: