The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: (EU) Leica 24mm finder (#18696) modified for M

marduk

I am selling my model #18696 24mm finder modified by previous owner to suit better for Leica M cameras. This has inner 28mm framelines too.

Without modification the finder is too far to the right from the flash shoe and is covering quite a bit of the shutter speed selector, i don´t know if it would also suffer from horizontal error in framing without modification. The modification is nothing very fancy, but simply taking out the metal base, filing away some material to allow clearance on the flash shoe (and to make parallax mark match a closer focusing distance) and install the base back turned 180deg. The finder is in good condition, minor dust inside.

Have used it on my screwmount IIIf with Canon 28mm as well as ZM 25/2.8 on the M3 with good results. The finder is free from distortion and remains perfectly usable even in the bright sun (framelines are just as easy to see as in my new ZI viewfinder).

Asking 75 Euro plus shipping in the EU. Paypal please add 3% to your euro payments. PM for the shipping quote. The pouch I'd like to keep for my new VF, but I will pack it very safely.

marduk

Correction: the inner rectangle framelines are for the M8 where 24mm lens has equivalent FL 32mm. I've used it with 28mm though and found that the photo shows a bit more than the VF.