The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Heliopan 95mm Slim Mount Circular Polarizer Filter in case - like new

tnabbott

Mint like new 95mm circular polarizing filter. This goes for $392.99 new at Adorama. I would like $275 (I'll cover shipping; you cover PayPal fees). I can provide pictures, but it is like new and comes with the leather case.

tnabbott

Wish it was the slim model. On my 15 mm Zeiss, I am afraid it would vignette. Otherwise, I'd jump on this.
This is the slim model and some outlets actually advertise it as wide angle too. I used on a 50 mm medium format lens (24mm equivalent on 35mm cameras) and it did not vignette.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Wish it was the slim model. On my 15 mm Zeiss, I am afraid it would vignette. Otherwise, I'd jump on this.
Pretty sure even slim 95mm polarizer will vignette on the Zeiss 15mm . I talked with Zeiss at one of the shows and they told me they wanted to keep the barrel of the 15 to as small as possible ..to do that they had to build out the lens hood . You can send your 15mm to zeiss and they will cut off the pedals and fit a flush mount to the lens . This allows external filters (schneider or lee) to be mounted with a small amount of vignetting . The other solution is a filter holder that mounts over the barrel (100+mm) .. Its a similar problem to the nikon 14-24...

You maybe able to live with the vignetting so I would advice some research on alternatives .

Thomas Fallon

What you said is incorrect, Roger. This has nothing to do with the hood. A 95 mm filter fits inside the hood, and a slim mount filter does not vignette.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
What you said is incorrect, Roger. This has nothing to do with the hood. A 95 mm filter fits inside the hood, and a slim mount filter does not vignette.
Good to know ...my point required a small jump in logic (1) if 95mm vignettes ..then (2) you would go to a solution like Lee has with the 4x4 filter sets (3) the hood would interfere (4) Zeiss has a solution that eliminates the hood .

If you know the slim filter does t vignette great ..you have a POL solution .