Site Sponsors

Thread: FS: Heliopan 95mm Slim Mount Circular Polarizer Filter in case - like new

Post Thanks / Like

FS: Heliopan 95mm Slim Mount Circular Polarizer Filter in case - like new

Mint like new 95mm circular polarizing filter. This goes for $392.99 new at Adorama. I would like $275 (I'll cover shipping; you cover PayPal fees). I can provide pictures, but it is like new and comes with the leather case.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FS: Heliopan 95mm Slim Mount Circular Polarizer Filter in case - like new

Wish it was the slim model. On my 15 mm Zeiss, I am afraid it would vignette. Otherwise, I'd jump on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Fallon View Post
    Wish it was the slim model. On my 15 mm Zeiss, I am afraid it would vignette. Otherwise, I'd jump on this.
    Title says this is SLIM mount.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the slim model and some outlets actually advertise it as wide angle too. I used on a 50 mm medium format lens (24mm equivalent on 35mm cameras) and it did not vignette.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going by the list price quoted, which is the one for the regular filter.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post a photograph of the filter and case?

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure even slim 95mm polarizer will vignette on the Zeiss 15mm . I talked with Zeiss at one of the shows and they told me they wanted to keep the barrel of the 15 to as small as possible ..to do that they had to build out the lens hood . You can send your 15mm to zeiss and they will cut off the pedals and fit a flush mount to the lens . This allows external filters (schneider or lee) to be mounted with a small amount of vignetting . The other solution is a filter holder that mounts over the barrel (100+mm) .. Its a similar problem to the nikon 14-24...

You maybe able to live with the vignetting so I would advice some research on alternatives .

Post Thanks / Like

Nice hijacking of the thread. It's SOLD.

Post Thanks / Like

What you said is incorrect, Roger. This has nothing to do with the hood. A 95 mm filter fits inside the hood, and a slim mount filter does not vignette.

Post Thanks / Like

What you said is incorrect, Roger. This has nothing to do with the hood. A 95 mm filter fits inside the hood, and a slim mount filter does not vignette.
    Good to know ...my point required a small jump in logic (1) if 95mm vignettes ..then (2) you would go to a solution like Lee has with the 4x4 filter sets (3) the hood would interfere (4) Zeiss has a solution that eliminates the hood .

If you know the slim filter does t vignette great ..you have a POL solution .