The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB Xpan II

dannh

Looking to buy an Xpan II in great condition. May be interested in lenses too if included in a package deal. Let me know what you have. I'm in the US (California) so a US deal is easiest.

dannh

Still looking. I'm seeking the xpanII, but maybe I should consider the xpanI? Any opinions on that? For lenses, I'm mostly interested in the 45mm to start with.

richardman

The II has the shutter speed in the viewfinder. That's a really important feature, IMHO. The lens are the same.

dannh

The II has the shutter speed in the viewfinder. That's a really important feature, IMHO. The lens are the same.
Yes, the shutter speed in viewfinder was my main motivation in going after a II. I'd be interested to hear how much it really makes a difference in real world shooting for those who have spent extensive time shooting a I. Was it a frustration, or could you learn to live with it?

I'm assuming I'll be showing 50/50 with / without a tri-pod.

Any other deal breakers that were fixed on the II that I may have missed?

richardman

You can have the "tongue" sticks out when you rewind - important if you are just changing your mind and pop the film out.

I have never shot with a "I". When you are doing documentary / snap shots, that's when the shutter speed comes in handy.

ConnorM

I have the xPan I. A great camera in terms of image quality and ergonomics! Shutter speed in the viewfinder etc aside, there is not too much to separate the I and II. This said, the I only has a max long exposure time of 1 minute. I find this to be a design oversight in a camera that is begging to be used for just that!

Remi

I have an Xpan II with all three lenses along with centre filters. It also has a RRS bracket. I haven't used it in a while and would consider selling it.

Cheers,
Ray

dannh

Found one, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again GetDPI. For anyone else who might be interested, Remi is great to deal with.

richardman

Congrats on your XPan II. I love my 3 lens set up. BTW, for the 30mm, I actually prefer to use the Zeiss 15mm finder. It's much smaller. You can just mark or mask off the top and bottom.