Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB Xpan II

Post Thanks / Like

WTB Xpan II

Looking to buy an Xpan II in great condition. May be interested in lenses too if included in a package deal. Let me know what you have. I'm in the US (California) so a US deal is easiest.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB Xpan II

Still looking. I'm seeking the xpanII, but maybe I should consider the xpanI? Any opinions on that? For lenses, I'm mostly interested in the 45mm to start with.

Post Thanks / Like

The II has the shutter speed in the viewfinder. That's a really important feature, IMHO. The lens are the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    The II has the shutter speed in the viewfinder. That's a really important feature, IMHO. The lens are the same.
    Yes, the shutter speed in viewfinder was my main motivation in going after a II. I'd be interested to hear how much it really makes a difference in real world shooting for those who have spent extensive time shooting a I. Was it a frustration, or could you learn to live with it?

I'm assuming I'll be showing 50/50 with / without a tri-pod.

Any other deal breakers that were fixed on the II that I may have missed?

Post Thanks / Like

You can have the "tongue" sticks out when you rewind - important if you are just changing your mind and pop the film out.

I have never shot with a "I". When you are doing documentary / snap shots, that's when the shutter speed comes in handy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the xPan I. A great camera in terms of image quality and ergonomics! Shutter speed in the viewfinder etc aside, there is not too much to separate the I and II. This said, the I only has a max long exposure time of 1 minute. I find this to be a design oversight in a camera that is begging to be used for just that!

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Xpan II with all three lenses along with centre filters. It also has a RRS bracket. I haven't used it in a while and would consider selling it.

Cheers,
    Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Still looking. A few good offers but haven't closed a deal yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Found one, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again GetDPI. For anyone else who might be interested, Remi is great to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your XPan II. I love my 3 lens set up. BTW, for the 30mm, I actually prefer to use the Zeiss 15mm finder. It's much smaller. You can just mark or mask off the top and bottom.