The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTS: M240, 21SEM, 28ASPH, 50Noctilux, 75APO

aDam007

Hi guys,

I'm going to be back in LA on the 20th, I can ship everything out around then. All items haven't been used since coming back from Leica for servicing (they didn't need it, but I like to get it done before warranty expires). All items come as a full box set, like a new item would. All items are current versions 6-bit etc.

M240 Chrom
Bought in April. Set has less then 4 months of warranty left. This unit has never given me any problems. I have 3 black M240 cameras that I use for work, this unit hasn't seen any work. Only a bit of play, so the shutter count is really low. I thought I was a baller with the silver camera and Barton braided strap.. I really I can't pull it off. Maybe you can? If you can, you should buy this camera. I'll include the bondage looking strap! Asking $5,000 or reasonable offers.

21 Super-Elmar-M f/3.4
Bought this copy recently from a friend (got it in a trade). He doesn't use his gear, he's a banker! I have another 21SEM, it's at Leica spa and will be back in a few days. I'm selling this second copy (which for all intents and purposes is new, since neither of us used it). It's out of warranty I think. He buys all his stuff the second it comes out, so I bet this is from early 2012 (I can ask). Asking $2400 or reasonable offers.

28 Summicron-ASPH f/2
Bought around 2.5 years ago, used rarely. Never any problems with this lens, just not a focal length I'm using right now. I'd rate this like new. Asking $2,800 or reasonable offers.

50 Noctilux-ASPH f/0.95
Bought around 2.5 years ago, used rarely. Never any issues, other then the fact that it's big and heavy :D I got some lovely shots from a trip to Tokyo, and a few good shots of my wife while wandering the streets of Singapore, but haven't really used the lens enough to justify keeping it. I'd rate it like new. Asking $8,500 or reasonable offers.

75 Summicron-APO f/2
Bought around 3 years ago, used enough. Never any issues, but I have sent it into Leica twice. Once as I wanted them to get the focus to be super accurate and another just for the free servicing (I like my lenses smooth but tight). After coming back from servicing the lens is better then when I bought it (honest). BTW it doesn't look like I've used it, it looks new, you'll think I'm lying about using it. I actually wouldn't sell it but while traveling I took an unexpected job, and had to buy a new 75APO to do the job (yes I actually shoot Leica for a living), and now I have two. Sounds like a crazy line, but I can send photos of both lenses if you don't believe me :D Asking $2,800 or reasonable offers.

Here's the thing.. I'm considering buying an S-system. I wanna see how good the S-007 is, but honestly I'm leaning towards getting the following first to play around to see if spending the cash on the newest camera is even worth the trouble:

S2 or S006 / 35 / 70 / 120
I don't mind if they're CS or not CS. I would expect them to be in good condition, I take care of my gear, you should take care of yours. If you want to trade, I'm open to discussing.

Thanks again,
Adam

P.S. I forgot all about getdpi, a lot of people know me here, and over on FM (but I haven't been an active member in a while). I'm a good guy, I wouldn't cheat individuals (big corporate guys, sure, so if your'e the owner of wall-mart add a zero to any number I've mentioned above). With that said, I've been cheated and would prefer in-person transactions or bank transfers. Also I have been out of the US for 10 years, I have no idea how to get the items to you safely without risk to either of us. So we would have to discuss shipping options you're comfortable with.

P.P.S. I'm (sort of) dead serious about this.. I'm renovating my house in LA. So if you own a hardwood flooring company, and wanna be paid in Leica gear, give me a shout.

aDam007

Noctilux SOLD.

Motivated to sell the M240.. Not so motivated to sell the rest of the lenses (21/28/75) quite yet. But will if the price is right.