The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rolleiflex 2.8C Xenotar - CLA'd

I'm selling a Rolleiflex 2.8C with Xenotar lens - a great user. It was fully overhauled a few months ago, and had a Rick Oleson split-focus screen installed. It's far brighter than the stock screen for sure! When it was overhauled, both lenses were re-collimated and matched to the new focus screen, so focus is dead on - even wide open.

The camera is in pretty good cosmetic shape, but is obviously used. The leatherette is generally intact - it's not peeling or missing anywhere, but is fringing a bit on the back near the top.

All shutter speeds are very accurate and should be good for a long time. The back opens and closes smoothly and is not bent or warped. The automat loading works perfectly, and the film wind is good. The focus is generally smooth but slightly uneven at close range.

Both lenses have very light cleaning marks on their front elements that do not affect viewing or image quality in the slightest. Neither lens has haze, fungus, or any other issues.

Personally, I prefer the 2.8C over the later models. Unlike later models, it has a 10-blade aperture for much nicer bokeh, and the Xenotar lens is generally regarded as equal to the Planar for performance. If you don't need the light meter, I think the front of the camera looks much cleaner without it!

It comes with a 3rd party hood, leather strap, and the original mirrored double-lens cap.

Overall, this is a great user Rollei and a true classic for a reasonable price.

$750 USD

I've bought and sold on GetDPI before, and have positive feedback here. I also have 100% positive feedback on RFF under the same name.

Paypal is preferred for shipping, or E-transfer for Canadians.

Please ask for a shipping quote!