The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M8 "Panda"

I have traded my M Monochrom for an M240, so I no longer need this M8 for color work.

This camera is an M8 Panda—some refer to it as an Anti-Panda as well. It was made near the end of the M8 run… According to an email exchange with Mark Brady at Leica NJ, it was a limited run of approximately 100 (see attached screen shots of the emails). It's a rather unique camera!

The camera is Black Paint with silver accents (dials, frame line lever) and black dot instead of red. There is some brassing on the bottom and top plates. Shutter count is just over 12,000.

In addition, the camera spent some time at Leica NJ last October and received a CLA, new cover, pixel column restoration, repaired the rear cover (which had come loose when I removed a Schott cover), and some other adjustments (see repair estimate).

Included with the camera is:

~ 2 Leica UV/IR E39 filters (1 black, 1 silver)
~ 1 Leica UV/IR E46 filters (black)
~ Inner camera box
~ 2 original Leica batteries
~ Leica Battery Charger
~ 1 third-party battery
~ Barton1972 Braided Style- Chrome (shiny black) - Length: 105 cm
~ Thumbs Up EP-1S (Silver)
~ 1 8GB SanDisk Extreme Pro SD Card

I am located in Madison, WI. Pictures taken with this camera can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mtsullivan/sets/72157649625923055/.

Additional info about this limited edition M8:

~ Leica M8 Panda special edition | Leica News & Rumors
~ Leica M8 Rangefinder Digital Camera Body (Limited Edition)

$2300... Payment via PayPal either regular or gift; Shipping via USPS insured.

I'm also interested in possible trade for a 50 Summilux-M v.II chrome or E46 pre-asph or 50 Rigid Summircon, plus cash your way or mine.