The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hasselblad Dream Kit with 50 megapixel digital back

marktomaras

I am selling a very robust Hasselblad kit with a top digital back, for a great price.

It is a Hasselblad V System kit with many top lenses, 50 megapixel digital back, and several fine accessories, including a free pelican case and free shipping.

A word about the digital back. Much fanfare has been made about the new CMOS chip based digital backs that have been introduced recently. Personally, I would avoid them. It is true, a CMOS sensor will have greater low-light performance, but that is not why one generally shoots with a digital back on a medium format system. The 16 bit color CCD will have greater detail, especially in the gradation in skin tone and landscape colors such as a blue sky. The smoothness of a CCD at ISO 50 is amazing. With proper lighting or a tripod and slightly longer exposures, the images from a CCD back are a thing of wonder!

The lenses in this kit are outstanding! All Zeiss, German-Made lenses, I even selected the best of the bunch, including a $4,000 (used price) top-of-the-line 40mm Internal Focusing super wide with its extreme edge to edge sharpness, as well as the 100mm Planar with near zero distortion and extreme detail.

I bought everything here in the past 3-4 years, all in Like New (or "Like New Minus”) condition from KEH Camera in most cases. I bought the Digital Back, new from Calumet Photographic on December 31st, 2011. That makes it 3 years & 2 months old. I shot 13,435 images with the back over this period. That averages to about 353 images per month. It was very well taken care of!

Many highly detailed images of each item in this kit can be seen at this link: Mark Tomaras Photography - Hasselblad Kit For Sale

I am asking $16,500 for the entire kit. The digital back alone sold for $17,500, so for the benefit of buying it used, you get an entire huge kit & a discount on the price!

Kit contains:

Hasselblad 501 CM Body
Hasselblad CFV 50 Digital Back
2 Additional Batteries For Digital Back
Sony Dual Battery Charger
Hasselblad Zeiss CFI 40mm f/4 IF T* Lens
Hasselblad Zeiss CF 50mm f/4 FLE T* Lens
Hasselblad Zeiss C 80mm f/2.8 T* Lens
Hasselblad Zeiss CF 100mm f/3.5 T* Lens
Hasselblad Zeiss CF 180mm f/4 T* Lens
Hasselblad Zeiss CF 250mm f/5.6 T* Lens
Hasselblad Zeiss S-Planar 135mm f/5.6 Macro-Bellows Lens