The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Feeler: Phase One IQ250 M mount

Pemihan

I might have the opportunity to purchase a complete Phase One kit including several lenses and an IQ250 back and since I already have an IQ160 I will probably sell off the IQ250.

It is basically as new, purchased from the Danish authorized Phase One dealer in June 2014, so still under warranty and has just a little over 2000 shots on it.

I'm thinking of listing it at around $22500, does that sound completely wrong?
At that price I will bring it to Phase One HQ for a complete service check before the sale.

Thoughts? Interest?

Feel free to PM or email me at: pm (at) petermisfeldt (dot) com

Thanks
Peter

Moderator, if this posting is inappropriate here please delete it.. thanks.

Last edited:

kdphotography

Guy, I thought for sure you were going to "Guy it Now" :ROTFL:

Lots of neat, new options for these new CMOS sensored MFDBs...

ken

Pemihan

Any thoughts on the price?

I'm a little in doubt here as to what the second hand price should be as there really hasn't been any IQ250 on the market yet.

CI has an second hand Credo 50 for $25000 and since the IQ250 is substantially more than the Credo as new I came to around $22500.

Thanks
Peter

Pemihan

I just paid for a wedding. Not a chance. I need to go hit the streets with a tin cup. Lol
I'll be in the Phoenix area in about ten days, if you tell me which corner you stand on I'll drop by with a dime or two :angel:

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
in my opinion, a fair resale target should be 75% of new. good luck with that, however. those who would press for a cheaper deal are really screwing up the market, imo.

jianghai

if we are playing "the price is right" then my guess is $1.

:poke:

Less flippantly though it is very hard to price these things. There is a (very real IMHO) perception that the phase backs are overpriced vis a vis competitors with the same sensor (ahem 645z ahem). Funding capture one development isn't cheap ya know.

:dh2:

It's a similar issue with luxury cars IMO. Really high $ value ones (even when they are priced reasonably) are a hard sell on the open private market.

GLWS!! I know I would love one but at that cost... It's going to be a difficult sell just for the sheer $ amount.

Pemihan

Thanks for the inputs.
I will probably list it for sale in a separate thread with images and all within a few days.

kdphotography

On Ebay, I'm not surprised. New MFDB, high-end retail item, limited audience. The selling market is much smaller than other widgets. I don't think this reflects the true FMV of the IQ250, imho. I think it does reflect the small buying audience---shooting with medium format digital is still pretty rarified air.

Dante's family at GetDPI are a spoiled lot that is for sure.

:)

f8orbust

There are more and more DBs appearing on eBay precisely because they’re not able to be sold via 'traditional' channels like GetDPI and LuLa. Never used to be that way. When a dealer is only valuing an IQ180 at $10k as a trade-in, what alternatives do you have (see this thread by Pradeep) if you can't sell through a forum ? Not many. Hence eBay.

Sign of the times.

Dogs857

This may be left field but....

Will the new Hassy back affect the second hand value of these backs?? If you can buy the CFV-50c new for $15000 then the cost of the 250 second hand comes down to preference for Phase 1, wifi, warranty etc.

I'll be interested to see how this goes for you. I would agree with JLM that 75% of the new price is fair.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Agreed with John's quote. I just bought an IQ150 as part of a deal but I'd definitely have sprung for a nice IQ250 with VAW for Credo 50 money.

GLWS.

f8orbust

...those who would press for a cheaper deal are really screwing up the market, imo.
The market is what it is … if cheaper deals are to be had it’s not because, somehow people are manipulating it, it’s because the market is naturally adjusting to reflect the dearth of buyers.

Used DBs are harder to resell now (for top dollar) than ever before, and people know this. Pressing for a better price is not screwing with anything, it’s a fundamental premise of a free market economy. The buyer doesn’t have to sell after all. They can wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. But, since a used 180 is currently* $14k on the private market, a used 160 (with VAW) is $11k, a used IQ140 is $8k etc. they may be waiting a long time.

And finally, let’s face it, dealers don’t exactly help the overall perception of ‘used value’ when they are only prepared to offer $10k for a 180 as a trade-in (less to buy it outright?) against a 250 (see Pradeep’s thread). What does that knowledge do for the potential buyer of a used, privately sold DB? It empowers them of course, so they are able press for an even better deal.

Jim

*by the time I’ve finished writing this post those figures will probably be out of date.