The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Phase One IQ250 M mount.

Pemihan

I have the 40HR and the Schneider 60XL and can second that. Also have the Schneider 120 Aspheric which have a huge image circle and is sharp as hell!

Thanks to you too Ethan for an easy transaction, the back goes out tomorrow.

Congratulations Ethan! Once Peter posted "sold", I was able to guess who is the buyer :)

Welcome to be club!!!

As John mentioned, you should join us at Don, Ken, and CI in Lake Tahoe. You will have ample opportunities to test drive different lenses and technical cameras. It is just couple of weeks away. And trust me, there will be no sales pressure, but you will be able to meet some of the forum members in person and make new friends.

Subrata

ekapics

Tahoe sounds great, but unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it. I'll be there the previous weekend for spring break with the family. Thanks for the advice on lenses. The SK 60xl didn't seem to fare well in the DT library tests, unfortunately. My lens selection has been pretty limited with Canon. I use the 24 shift 70% of the time. But in my 4x5 lens bag is everything: SK72xl, Nikon 90 4.5, Rod 115, Rod 135s, SK150xl(8x10), Rod 180s, Rod 210, 240 app-ronar, 300mm (apo-ronar?), Nikon 450mm process lens, and the Nikon convertible 1200, 800, 600. I didn't bring anything bigger than the 240 to any job unless I knew there would or might be big distances to cover or small details to capture.

The 115 and 90 were used for most of the shots, and I rarely went above the 150. We're talking Architecture.

With the 1.3 crop for the IQ250 I was looking at 23HR, 32HR, 40HR, 50HR. Triple those focal length to get a ~4x5 equivalent = 69, 96, 120, 150. That seems like it would carry me, though I'd love to get the 70HR and larger in the future. Had I gone to 60mpx ccd route, I wouldn't need the 23, which is a large chunk of change. Believe me I weighed the options.

Hope to catch another workshop, but I'm a working photographer and a father to two little kids, and I've got to step up the marketing to pay for some new kit. Time is scarce.

Ethan