The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Konica UC-Hexanon 35mm f/2 LTM Lens

kermaier

I thought I'd never sell this lens, and I'm sure to regret it, but the ongoing rationalization of my lens collection requires some hard choices.

Konica manufactured this beautiful lens in 2001 in a limited edition of 1000 pieces; this one is number 764.

The UC-Hex 35/2 LTM is a direct descendant of the classic W-Nikkor.C 3.5cm f1.8 LTM Lens, with a tweaked optical formula and first-rate modern multi-coated glass. The lens is very compact, and it's stunningly well-made. Black enamel paint over brass (though lighter-weight than most vintage brass-bodied lenses I've used). Aperture and tabbed focus rings are smooth and precise in operation -- better than many Leica lenses I've used -- and the lens is a pleasure to shoot with.

I used the lens only sparingly over the years, so it is in pristine condition -- glass, paint, mechanics, diaphragm blades -- except for some light marks on the chrome plating at the rear of the mounting flange, from use of a LTM-M adapter.

The lens came with front and rear caps, black-paint vented hood (a cool rotating/positionable design), velvet slipcase for the hood and leather lens pouch. All are present and in pristine condition, in the original box with instruction booklet.

I'm asking for $1795, which includes PayPal fees and shipping in the USA.

For an additional $100, I'll include: a Voigtlander 43mm metal screw-in hood with matching push-on cap (much more compact and convenient for real-world use than the original hood and cap); a Voigtlander 35mm LTM-M adapter (Type II); and a genuine Leica 14269 M-mount rear cap.

Administrivia

PayPal fees are included in my asking price, as is insured USPS Priority Mail shipping within the continental USA; for international destinations, shipping is additional at cost. Local pickup can also be arranged.

I have good feedback at Rangefinder Forum (same username) and on eBay (dogleg31), if you're interested.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions or make a reasonable offer.

rfaspen

Oh.....I want one all right. I just have to make decisions where the limited lens budget can go.

A truly sweet lens that can go on your screwmount bodies as well as your M's. I suppose there are people out there with other mirrorless systems...this lens can play with them too. Such great flexibility with LTM lenses. And, this is a stunning modern lens; it will seem like new life for the old IIIf.:clap:

ashwinrao1

Wow, a legendary lens that I want. I have the W-Nikkor 35 in LTM mount...amazing lens...would love to try this one, and from someone as reputable and knowelgable as you. THis will go fast...just wish it were me :)

kermaier

Thanks, folks - it is a really good lens. I used to have the W-Nikkor 35/1.8 LTM as well -- the UC-Hex is a little cooler in color palette (though still slightly warmish), and has much smoother bokeh.

menos

Ashwin, you really want to get this UC-Hex - it is soooo much nicer than the W-Nikkor 3.5cm/1.8, while both are hard to come by.

I did not see a complete UC-Hex package for sale often - the last time I saw one a few years ago, it became mine and this is one of the lenses I will NEVER SELL.

rcerick

Have heard great things about this lens. I bought your W Nikkor 35 f/1.8, loved it then sold my MM, resulting in the sale of the Nikkor to Ashwin some weeks back.
I'm gonna sit this one out before I impulsively pull the trigger and grab it.
Rich

kermaier

Hey, Rich -- good to hear from you! I'm glad to hear my old W-Nikkor has found another good home... You should definitely get impulsive with the UC-Hex! ;)

rfaspen

I don't think people understand what we're dealing with here. I'm overflowing with 35mm right now, but I'm still tempted by this.

Honestly, this will compete with any Leitz offering in 35, *and* you can use it on a Barnack, or a Bessa R, or ...? But put it on an M (film or digital) and be prepared to be impressed.

No connection to the seller. I just know a nice lens from a mediocre one.