The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 with Viewfinder

rcerick

Leica Elmarit 24mm f/2.8 lens with Leica 21/24mm viewfinder. Original boxes and papers. Immaculate condition. Included are original hood / shade and B+W MRC 007 clear filter always mounted for protection. This is a very special lens, no longer manufactured and considerably faster than the f/3.8 version. Lens and finder are both are in virtually unused condition. $2,400 net.

summiluc

Pictures would be helpful. Also, I'm not able to find info on a Leica 21/24 finder. Did you mean the 21/24/28 one?

rcerick

Pictures would be helpful. Also, I'm not able to find info on a Leica 21/24 finder. Did you mean the 21/24/28 one?
Apologies for the late response. The lens is not coded. The viewfinder is Leica's 24mm Brightline finder.

I'll post photos in the next day or two.
Rich

This is a really nice lens at a low price: a modern aspherical design that resolves well without being as 'clinical' as the f3.8, which (IMO) should not have replaced it. The finder with 3 focal lengths is handy (but it works best for those who don't wear glasses). I'm surprised nobody has grabbed it!

GLWS,

Kirk