The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WITHDRAWN: Nikon PC Micro Nikkor 85mm f2.8

Lloyd

Like New 85mm f2.8 PC Micro Nikkor. This is the perspective correcting manual version. (The new version scheduled to appear is over $1600). Fantastic lens, razor sharp. This is still in mint condition, no marks on glass, nor lens. Fungus free. Includes hard case, front and rear caps. Sorry, I no longer have the box. Asking the bargain price of $975.00.

PayPal preferred. Buyer adds 3%. Shipping at buyer preference.

Here's what the notoriously finicky Bjørn Rørslett said in his review:

"The 85 PC is a remarkable and amazing lens, that well deserves a total ranking of 5 (Excellent)..., I have used the 85 PC extensively both on my F5 and D1/ D1X, and continue to be amazed of the superb image quality attainable with it. Images are crisp and clear across the entire frame and colour rendition are amazing with rich, vibrant colours."

Last edited:

Erik Five

Re: FS: Nikon PC Micro Nikkor 85mm f2.8

Nice lens and Bjørn lives two blocks away from me :) Good luck with the sale.

atanabe

Great price on an excellent lens! The tilt is really helpful when shooting still life. It is one of the highest rated Nikon lenses, no need to appologise coming from a Leica Apo.

Lloyd

I have decide to keep this for a while, so I'm withdrawing it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

Lloyd, if you ever want to sell this lens again the future, please let me know. I am in no hurry, but this is one I want. Cheers, KL

V

Vivek

This version, in practice, may turn out to be more useful than the current version! ;)

V

Vivek

Kit, Mechanical aperture (the plunger also helps to make it work like a preset lens) vs electronic aperture.

The pure mechanical aperture mechanism allows the PC-Micro to work with many of the old extension tubes without a hitch.

While it is possible to adjust the aperture of the PC-E lens and use extension tubes (without electrical contacts), it isn't that straightforward.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Vivek: got it, thanks. And I have never thought an electronic shutter is necessary for a TS lens, anyway. Excellent point about the tubes, too.