The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Linhof Techno, Kapture Group sliding back

yatlee

For Sale is a gently used linhof techno setup in excellent condition. I have had a great time using this setup and have taken many pictures with it (www.flickr.com/yatlee) All gear/knob are smooth and in great working condition. Includes in the setup are:

1. Linhof Techno serial number xxx018) with standard bellow, wide angle bellow and a P0 lens board.
2. An earlier version of Kapture group sliding/2 shot stitching back in Phase One Mamiya mount. The sliding back just came back from Kapture group for a completed calibration. The ground glass is super bright.
3. I will also throw in a Linhof Studio Silvestri 12x loupe perfect to use with the setup if you buy the set.

I've been a long time member here and have personally met and trade with many members here. I also have perfect record on ebay under the name YHLLY.

I'm asking $5,180 for the set including paypal and international express shipping from Hong Kong (takes 5-7 business days).

Please feel free to ask if you have any question.

Last edited:

yatlee

I also found a Hasselblad V mount adaptor for a V mount back if anyone considering to use with a Hassy V mount back. However, you will need to adjust on your own or get the focusing screen spacer from Kapture group to adjust the ground glass focusing.

I also like to add. Item is located in Hong Kong, but happy to arrange to ship from my brother in US if you concern about custom.

tjv

Out of interest, how did you find the Kapture Group sliding back? Why did you go with it instead of the Linhof? Looks a hell of a lot more compact than the Linhof version. (Sorry to hijack your thread, please feel free to ask me to delete the question if you want.)

yatlee

No problem.

I had it for couple years and it's a very compact and smooth to use. I've been to extremely cold places and using it in regularly in the rather hot weather in Hong Kong. For example you can release the back and rotate rather quickly by pulling the tab on the side. It locks quick and very secure as well. The Linhof lacks of the stitching function and quite a bit bigger in comparison. The ground glass also many times brighter than the Linhof one.
Keith from Kapture group was also excellent to deal with and very helpful in solving any problem even I rarely have problem with the sliding back. I consider this sliding back a must have for Techno unless you have the new CMOS back with live view. But even with the live view, you would appreciate the ease of stitching.

tjv

Thanks for your reply.
I had no idea the Linhof version didn't have the stich capacity. That makes this Kapture Group slider a far more attractive option. Good luck with the sale. The Techno is a brilliant platform, I certainly love mine!

No problem.

I had it for couple years and it's a very compact and smooth to use. I've been to extremely cold places and using it in regularly in the rather hot weather in Hong Kong. For example you can release the back and rotate rather quickly by pulling the tab on the side. It locks quick and very secure as well. The Linhof lacks of the stitching function and quite a bit bigger in comparison. The ground glass also many times brighter than the Linhof one.
Keith from Kapture group was also excellent to deal with and very helpful in solving any problem even I rarely have problem with the sliding back. I consider this sliding back a must have for Techno unless you have the new CMOS back with live view. But even with the live view, you would appreciate the ease of stitching.