Site Sponsors

Thread: WTB: Arca-Swiss Cube C1

Post Thanks / Like

WTB: Arca-Swiss Cube C1

Looking for a Cube in good condition and preferably with RRS clamp or the Classic knob...

Let me know if you have one for sale!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WTB: Arca-Swiss Cube C1

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, but I can order a brand new one in Germany for €1200 / $1300 (without VAT).

It's just that I don't like the flip lock and I think the knob from the Classic version is too small. I'm used to RRS clamps with big knobs. I like things stupid and simple, pretty much like the user himself

Maybe I should prepare the blowtorch and anti loctite mentality after all..?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting price for the Cube in Europe. Here in America, it's much higher. Or you can just get the Photoclam Multiflex.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah you're right...
    It's 1430 euro including VAT at the Arca-Swiss shop, which is $ 1560.
    The well known retailers in the US sell it for $ 1700 now.

Does anyone know something about a company in the US that can swich the plates while retaining the Arca-Swiss warranty? I have heard of this...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Precision Camera Works used to do it. You could contact them and ask: Precision Camera Works

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

There really isn't much to removing the damn red Loctite. After going through it twice a couple years ago with the D4 and D4M I found using a heatgun works just about the best. The first time I did it I felt I was going to burn the house down however after heating it up on low for a couple minutes I was able to lessen the bolt enough to remove it. You only need 2-things to do this yourself with no harm to the Cube; a heatgun and make certain you have the correct size alan wrench.
    Don Libby
    Iron Creek Photography
    Blog
    Tucson AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Red loctite is a PITA. Bad move by Arca-Swiss. End users should be able to make the simple decisions, like what type of top clamp they want to use. Glad I have an earlier version of the Cube.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do they choose to be so conservative? If they gave me an option I would have bought the Cube already 3 years ago... and I believe there are other potential buyers holding back because of this.
    It's why I still use the Manfrotto 410, but that one is big and getting too much leeway.
    The fact that is has 3 geared axes is great though.

Arca-Swiss says they got many Cubes back with problems, because buyers tried to install their own clamps. But instead of being defensive about it and glue everything together, I think they should offer their users more options to choose from. Apparently that's what they want!
    Why don't they give us the service of installing a clamp we want, and they install it professionally before sending it out? Next to the extra costs of the clamp, I would easily pay them a service fee to do this.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Or simply give the customers the option to buy it with no clamp installed..

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ma-photography View Post
    Why do they choose to be so conservative? If they gave me an option I would have bought the Cube already 3 years ago... and I believe there are other potential buyers holding back because of this.
    It's why I still use the Manfrotto 410, but that one is big and getting too much leeway.
    The fact that is has 3 geared axes is great though.

Arca-Swiss says they got many Cubes back with problems, because buyers tried to install their own clamps. But instead of being defensive about it and glue everything together, I think they should offer their users more options to choose from. Apparently that's what they want!
    Why don't they give us the service of installing a clamp we want, and they install it professionally before sending it out? Next to the extra costs of the clamp, I would easily pay them a service fee to do this.
    Last edited by Pemihan; 3rd April 2015 at 10:37.
    Peter
    My website
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post